Old January 21st 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default ECO Code System Question

I have a question about the ECO. Whats the logic behind the organization of
the openings? For example, if I want to find an opening that I don't know
the name of whats the quickest way to find it? These question are with the
book in mind not a computer Database.

--
Thanks,
John

Old January 21st 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

John Evans wrote:
I have a question about the ECO. Whats the logic behind the organization of
the openings? For example, if I want to find an opening that I don't know
the name of whats the quickest way to find it? These question are with the
book in mind not a computer Database.

--
Thanks,
John
http://growwithchess.com/

Thank you all! I'm going to post a blog on this today so others can
learn this to. I found several websites that brokedown the codes but
couldn't find a general pattern. Thank you.

Old January 22nd 07, 08:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Infomat - check the index page as they may change for time to time.
there are links from my site. www.vhessgambits.org as well a an index
on the bbs