Old February 5th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Quite OT - Chess places in Barcelona (Catalunya)

Hi there,
I write here in the hope that some fellow Spanish chess player could
help me.
In a couple of weeks I will be visiting Barcelona as tourist. Among
the other things I would
like to visit some chess library and/or a chess club for an evening
long chess game.

I have tried mailing Spanish and Catalan federations with no answer
(is this
http://www.fcde.org/
the correct address of the Catalan federation?) so I try here...
Is there any place you can suggest me?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Alessandro

Old February 5th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

En/na vindalooMan ha escrit:
Hi there,
I write here in the hope that some fellow Spanish chess player could
help me.
In a couple of weeks I will be visiting Barcelona as tourist. Among
the other things I would
like to visit some chess library and/or a chess club for an evening
long chess game.

I have tried mailing Spanish and Catalan federations with no answer
(is this
http://www.fcde.org/
the correct address of the Catalan federation?) so I try here...
Is there any place you can suggest me?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Alessandro

Hello Alessandro,

There are many Chess Clubs. Team ch is in progress next 7 sundays. Some
GM players in that tournament are Pelletier, Moskalenko, Narciso, De la
Riva, Peralta, Kalod, Kogan, Solodovnichenko, Amador Rodriguez, ...
See http://www.koali.com/elo/webFcdeActe...sacteslist.php

You can see a list of chess clubs in:
http://fcde.org/links.htm#clubs

A web with great local chess information:
http://www.ajedreznd.com/

And some chess book sellers:
http://www.editorialchessy.com/libreria/
http://www.webpersonal.net/libreriacatalan/
http://www.edami.com/

Antonio

Old February 6th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Feb 5, 3:57 pm, Antonio Torrecillas wrote:
En/na vindalooMan ha escrit:

Hello Alessandro,

There are many Chess Clubs. Team ch is in progress next 7 sundays. Some

[SNIP]
And some chess book sellers:http://www.editorialchessy.com/libre...www.edami.com/

Antonio

Thank you for your useful information!