Old February 9th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Default RGC chess tournament

We need three more to sign up to play.

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Rob

Old February 9th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
We need three more to sign up to play.

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

I think I should drop out of this tournament since obviously my rating is so
high its putting people off.

Since the first advertising of this tournament, I completed another one, and
joined yet another with a bunch of 9 strangers - one of whom owns a pub in
UK Its good to rap with active chess players.

But as above, if no new players by the weekend, I'll drop out.

Phil Innes

Rob

Old February 10th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Feb 9, 9:36 am, "Chess One" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

oups.com...

We need three more to sign up to play.

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

I think I should drop out of this tournament since obviously my rating is so
high its putting people off.

Personally, I don't think chess professionals like IM Innes ought to
participate; at 2450, no one else stands a chance, and besides,
even if someone else did stand a chance, it could easily be quashed
by even a single, decisive blow from Rybka, the world's strongest
chess program (sorry, Sanny).

I was told that RedHotPawn was a superior site to play when
compared to GetClub, and so I'm giving it a spin. Thus far, I
have almost nothing but *miniatures* of players who, obviously,
know little or nothing next to me. I can imagine that some of
these victims believe they have been cheated, since my steel-
trap-like mind churns out computer-precise combinations with
ease. Far better for the true geniuses of the royal game to face
one another, and leave the patzers to their own kind, thus
avoiding any "massacres" of the peons.

-- help bot

Old February 10th 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Feb 10, 12:43 am, "help bot" wrote:
On Feb 9, 9:36 am, "Chess One" wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

There are plenty of sound players in the RGC tournament( Excluding me,
of course! ) Yo shoud spend your time there with the rest of us.
Rob

Old February 10th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"help bot" wrote in message
oups.com...

Personally, I don't think chess professionals like IM Innes ought to
participate; at 2450, no one else stands a chance,

Help-bog, the Official Spokeperson for No One, excuses himself from joining
We the People by actually playing chess, and regrets those who do. Its a sad
song, sung soooo long now.

My cc rating is only 2190, and I got it the old fashioned way, I earned it.

and besides,
even if someone else did stand a chance, it could easily be quashed
by even a single, decisive blow from Rybka, the world's strongest
chess program (sorry, Sanny).

I am currently playing one person rated sub-1400 who is possibly using
Sargon. He is playing much stronger with white and black than an 1840 player
in the same tournament. But I don't really see any extensive evidence of
computer-aided cheating at GetClub. Of course, Help-bog has a moto perpetuo
theme of paranoia about what others might be doing out there beyond the corn
fields, and is disinclined to risk his maidenhood by goin' to the dance.

I was told that RedHotPawn was a superior site to play when
compared to GetClub, and so I'm giving it a spin. Thus far, I
have almost nothing but *miniatures* of players who, obviously,
know little or nothing next to me. I can imagine that some of
these victims believe they have been cheated, since my steel-
trap-like mind churns out computer-precise combinations with
ease. Far better for the true geniuses of the royal game to face
one another, and leave the patzers to their own kind, thus
avoiding any "massacres" of the peons.

Brave words! Small bishop!

PI

-- help bot

Old February 10th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
SBD SBD is offline

There are plenty of sound players in the RGC tournament( Excluding me,
of course! ) Yo shoud spend your time there with the rest of us.
Rob

The trouble is, you appear to have to shell out 28 bucks plus to be in
the tournament and add to robmitcl's free months. No wonder you keep
hyping the thing.

Old February 10th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Feb 10, 11:00 am, "SBD" wrote:
There are plenty of sound players in the RGC tournament( Excluding me,
of course! ) Yo shoud spend your time there with the rest of us.
Rob

The trouble is, you appear to have to shell out 28 bucks plus to be in
the tournament and add to robmitcl's free months. No wonder you keep
hyping the thing.

No
I can design a "new players" tournament where you do not have to be a
member. Unfortunatly is is open to anyone and must have a maximine
number of days per move set at five days instead of the much quicker 2
days most of us prefer. You are welcome to join up under Grant or Matt
or Angelo or Phil or Inconnux and they will get the bonus months if
you join. You can even go to the site without the link and join and no
one gets any bonus months. Heck , if you are serious about playing...
I will pay your 28 dollars. I just want to play and I happen to really
enjoy the options this site has to offer.
Rob

Old February 10th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
SBD SBD is offline

I'll consider that a genuinely nice offer Rob and laid aside my usual
suspicions. It would be interesting to play.

I need to weigh a lot of private factors (such as my illnesses and
such) before I would agree, but I do consider your offer a nice
gesture - don't think I would decline without a genuine reason. Given
that I am pretty much homebound these days, it probably would be my
only opportunity to play this diverse group. I've always wanted to
play Matt, as he is one of the most interesting posters here. I will
email you to discuss some of this and see if it would work; I
certainly wouldn't want you to shell out 28 bucks either if I can't
fulfill my responsibilities - as well as being fair to everyone
playing. Many aspects of the site looked interesting, but since I
couldn't access those as a free member (eg., the analysis mode).

Thanks - "talk" to you later

SBD.

Old February 11th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Feb 10, 7:48 am, "Rob" wrote:

Far better for the true geniuses of the royal game to face
one another, and leave the patzers to their own kind, thus
avoiding any "massacres" of the peons.

-- help bot

There are plenty of sound players in the RGC tournament( Excluding me,
of course! ) Yo shoud spend your time there with the rest of us.
Rob

Who are these "sound" players? I know them not. Just look at my
games at GetClub and RedHotPawn, and you will see that I am a
bona-fide chess genius (or so these patzers frequently make it
appear)!
I need REAL food, like meat and potatoes; not squishy, flimsy stuff
that
crumbles and blows away, much like the little pig (of the Three Little
Pigs)
who built his house of straw. I am a big, bad wolf, and I need, if
not a
house of bricks, then at least one of sticks, tied together with
ropes,
that can withstand a few decent huffs and puffs.

Stop that singing! You *are* afraid of me, for I am really big and
bad.
I'm not kidding. I will blow your house down, I will. ;D

-- wolf bot

Old February 11th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Feb 10, 7:58 am, "Chess One" wrote:
"help bot" wrote in message

oups.com...

Personally, I don't think chess professionals like IM Innes ought to
participate; at 2450, no one else stands a chance,

Help-bog, the Official Spokeperson for No One, excuses himself from joining
We the People by actually playing chess, and regrets those who do. Its a sad
song, sung soooo long now.

Such idiocy; I have just pointed out my participation at both
GetClubbed --
where, BTW, one can play another human opponent such as yourself with
ease -- and more recently, RedHotPawn. The only thing I haven't done
is
travel to Vermont and New York, with the express purpose of cutting
down
some rather over-inflated egos by destroying them OTB, and in the case
of
Sam Sloan, taking *all* his money in the process (yes, I can put up a
full $5.
in cash).

My cc rating is only 2190, and I got it the old fashioned way, I earned it.

That may well be; but even so, it can hardly compare to TK's 2300+.
:D

and besides,
even if someone else did stand a chance, it could easily be quashed
by even a single, decisive blow from Rybka, the world's strongest
chess program (sorry, Sanny).

I am currently playing one person rated sub-1400 who is possibly using
Sargon. He is playing much stronger with white and black than an 1840 player
in the same tournament. But I don't really see any extensive evidence of
computer-aided cheating at GetClub.

Well, I am not in any position to decide, not having any program to
use as a standard. All I know is there are a couple of players whose
*style* makes no sense in human terms, yet the almost bizarre accuracy
of their tactical sight implies the use of computers. Note that I
have not
been their "victims", so I am not whining here, just commenting on
what
I have observed, though not really studied. I do believe I at one
point in
time owned a program named Sargon, and although it was not among the
strongest chess programs in my possession, it was at least,
reasonably
priced.

Of course, Help-bog has a moto perpetuo

Perpetual motion? That was not my idea, but probably of some true
genius, like maybe Leonardo de Vinci. Of course, I'm better at chess
than he ever was, and one day I hope to ride in an actual helicopter,
not an imaginary or merely "designed" one.

Perhaps what IM Innes meant was motto, the addition of another "t"
changing the meaning altogether. Of course, in that case the relevant
phrase would be: "no more chess!", since I have long given it up
entirely,
and expect to never lift a pawn again. All that remains is for one of
the
big pharmaceutical companies to come out with an equivalent to the
nicotine patch, so my body and mind will *feel* as if I were still
playing,
without my actually having to indulge in it. I won't complain of the
length
of my waiting, for there are even more dreaded diseases which afflict
the
human species, such as cancer and heart disease, to name but two.

theme of paranoia about what others might be doing out there beyond the corn
fields, and is disinclined to risk his maidenhood by goin' to the dance.

Just above, I noted the proclaimed intention of IM Innes to
withdraw.
Now, all of a sudden, he is boasting that to not participate is
evidence,
to his mind, of cowardice. This seems to indicate a cloudiness, a
certain fogginess of thinking, but little more.

I was told that RedHotPawn was a superior site to play when
compared to GetClub, and so I'm giving it a spin. Thus far, I
have almost nothing but *miniatures* of players who, obviously,
know little or nothing next to me. I can imagine that some of
these victims believe they have been cheated, since my steel-
trap-like mind churns out computer-precise combinations with
ease. Far better for the true geniuses of the royal game to face
one another, and leave the patzers to their own kind, thus
avoiding any "massacres" of the peons.

Brave words! Small bishop!

Again, I couldn't help bot notice a peculiar fascination with
phallic
symbols, some odd substitution of the real in favor of the symbolic.
As Dr. Freud would undoubtedly have observed, this is indicative of
a suppressed desire to "mate" one's mother, and "kill" the father-
figure which is represented in the opponent's King. With such strong
repressed desires as this, it is little wonder that Mr. Innes has
approached, if not actually reaching, the level of IMdom. But rest
assured that to reach the ultimate pinnacle of chess, the title of
world champion, even the likes of Phil Innes has a long way to go,
for *utter madness* is a far cry from mere confusion and wanton
desires. ;D

-- help bot