Old August 31st 03, 01:27 PM
Arnold Meijster

Default SCID database

Hi all,

There's a beatutiful chess database program called SCID (see
http://scid.sourceforge.net/).
I used it for quite some time. Now, I needed to reinstall my windows, and
decided
to download scid again. However, now it turns out that the reference
database of 500.000+
games is no longer available for download. The author of SCID claims to put
a new database there
with even 600.000+ within a week, but he did this claim in January 2003 :-)

I am completely satisfied with the old database (500.000+) but cannolt get
it. Has anyone
here a copy for me?

Cheers,

Arnold

Old September 1st 03, 11:37 PM
Arnold Meijster

Great guys,

thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Arnold

"ChessliB" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"CeeBee" wrote in message If you have the
bandwidth available, you could also choose for version 8
of the free ChessliB PGN database with 2.5 million games. (275Mb)

http://www.uib.no/people/pfvaf/chess.../freefiles.htm
http://www.uib.no/people/pfvaf/chess...-8FreePart.exe

I just uploaded a Scid version of this database, (213.85Mb)

-af-
www.chesslib.no

Old September 5th 03, 08:56 PM
mordicus

ChessliB wrote:

"CeeBee" wrote in message If you have the
bandwidth available, you could also choose for version 8
of the free ChessliB PGN database with 2.5 million games. (275Mb)

I have the bandwidth ... but not Windows ... so i can't extract the database
:-(

Why not a simple .zip file ?
Old September 6th 03, 11:39 AM
ChessliB

You dont need Win; download WinRAR for your OS or
use one the tools: http://www.winrar-rog.de/edownload/tools.html

-af-