Old September 3rd 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Beginner Level beat Nomorechess Twice on same day.

Till now Nomorechess had lost only 2 games out of 150 Games he has
played at GetClub Chess. But today the Beginner Level beat Nomorechess
Twice. So he has lost total 4 Games,

So GetClub Chess has become much stronger that it was earlier.
Nomorechess lost in 2 out of 5 Games he played with Beginner Level
Today !!!

Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Thats Great, So how good will Easy & Normal Levels Play.

I am waiting to see more wins against other players.

Where are those players who said My Program can never beat a Player.
Now you all will get beaten by GetClub Chess. Ha Ha Ha.

Still Zebediah & Taylor kingston might win the Master Level as they
are very tough players. But GetClub Chess is going to win most of
other players.

Bye
Sanny

Old September 3rd 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:

Till now Nomorechess had lost only 2 games out of 150 Games he has
played at GetClub Chess. But today the Beginner Level beat Nomorechess
Twice. So he has lost total 4 Games,

So GetClub Chess has become much stronger that it was earlier.

(Or maybe Nomo has gotten weaker?!!) :D

Nomorechess lost in 2 out of 5 Games he played with Beginner Level
Today !!!

Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Thats Great, So how good will Easy & Normal Levels Play.

I am waiting to see more wins against other players.

Because of frequent disconnects and the s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s
of the program, I have been playing "blitz" against the
quickest (and oddly, highest-rated) level lately. It is very
dangerous in crazy positions; twice (probably many more) I
miscalculated a complex combination, resulting in loss
of a Rook or minor piece. But sometimes the program will
just hang something for no reason. I have been deliberately
playing weird moves to take it out of book early on, and this
has the drawback that in spite of the program's mishandling
of these positions, I too have sometimes done just the same
because I have a hard-to-play position.

In order to get a feel for the program's strength, you need
to look beyond the raw score and play through the games;
in many cases, it is miniaturized (or plays on in what ought
to have been a resigned miniature). For the record, I do not
get miniaturized like that except once in a blue moon. If I
wanted to play a dull, 100 move game I could be very careful
and win every game on technique, but the program is so
slow I would die of old age before finishing more than just a
few games. I do know enough to run it out of book in some
main line Caro-Kann or Sicilians, but I wanted to test it sans
book, and so I played some passive moves to accomplish
that. When I did play carefully, against the master level, I
won fairly easily, just like before.

I have been doing this wild attacking style thing on
RedHotPawn and ChessWorld against humans, and the
results were that I now have very interesting games! But I
also have a very few games where I went wrong and got killed
very quickly because some of my opponents take these
games very seriously and no doubt research "megabase" to
find a winning plan. Many of my wild attacking games result
in a miniature victory for me, which is odd because, for
instance, I know nothing about the Pirc yet I destroyed it very
easily as White. In another ChessWorld game I played the
Latvian Gambit as Black, which again, I know absolutely
nothing about but when you are "busted" right in the opening
you tend to learn quickly. :D

-- help bot

Old September 3rd 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Because of frequent disconnects and the s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s
of the program, I have been playing "blitz" against the
quickest (and oddly, highest-rated) level lately. It is very
dangerous in crazy positions; twice (probably many more) I
miscalculated a complex combination, resulting in loss
of a Rook or minor piece. But sometimes the program will
just hang something for no reason. I have been deliberately
playing weird moves to take it out of book early on, and this
has the drawback that in spite of the program's mishandling
of these positions, I too have sometimes done just the same
because I have a hard-to-play position.

So, Nomorechess is still on top. He played blitz game with beginner
level thinking it as weak as it was earlier. But now you can no more
play simple moves else GetClub Chess will beat you if you do so.

I think Nomorechess also can beat Master Level, But only in a serious
Match. But now you cannot win at getclub without giving full attention
to the game else the GetClub Chess will win.

Still there is hope for Nomorechess to go ahead and take higher
ratings.

In order to get a feel for the program's strength, you need
to look beyond the raw score and play through the games;
in many cases, it is miniaturized (or plays on in what ought
to have been a resigned miniature). For the record, I do not
get miniaturized like that except once in a blue moon. If I
wanted to play a dull, 100 move game I could be very careful
and win every game on technique, but the program is so
slow I would die of old age before finishing more than just a
few games. I do know enough to run it out of book in some
main line Caro-Kann or Sicilians, but I wanted to test it sans
book, and so I played some passive moves to accomplish
that. When I did play carefully, against the master level, I
won fairly easily, just like before.

Oh, you were testing, I saw you just gave your Rook for Bishop But
later fork his Queen. But Computer was able to play a Queen move with
Mate in 1.

Play a serious Match with Higher Levels and let me know if you can
beat them or not.

Bye
Sanny

Old September 3rd 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Nomorechess took 80 Moves to beat Beginner Level

See this Recorded Game
http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...545&game=Chess

I have seen such a long game of 80 moves for the first time.

Bye
Sanny

Old September 4th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 3, 9:55 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

You are of course referring to the game where I had
White and played a sort of perverse Larsen Attack, but
lost my QB. In that game I deliberately chose to muck
up my pawns in order to launch a Reti-like attack on g7,
expecting to later offer up my Queen for a routine
windmill (White Bishop on b2: Rxg7!, Black captures
the White Queen, White plays Rg6 mate or sweeps
the entire seventh rank with discovered checks).
I lost, not because I made so many small errors, but
because after ...Qxf3 and Rg8, I thought I could play
Rg3 -- missing that it would be pinned at that point.
From then on, there was no way to put up a fight. I

underestimated the program; took it very lightly.

Just look at the move times and note what is going
on: while I am in many games (not that one, I suspect)
playing like ten minute blitz chess, the program is
taking a long time in the middle game, so I switch to
looking at something else. Where it may appear I
have taken ten+ minutes to move, that indicates a
disconnect, of which there are many. Were it not for
the loud signal when the program finally moves, I
simply could not play there at all.

I find it amusing that Sanny keeps bragging about
these wins while ignoring all the games where I have
miniaturized the program. A miniature is a game
ending in fewer than say, twenty or twenty-five moves.
Obviously, the program can play on until mate-in-one,
but losing a piece or more in the first twenty moves
is not the hallmark of a great chess program.

At ChessWorld.net I am playing several newcomers
like myself, who started off with a rating of 1400.
Several have dropped to 1000 or even lower already,
due to that site's massive K-factor, or weighting of
each game versus one's current rating. These guys
lose in much the same way as Sanny's program
does: very quickly once they are out of their book
knowledge. One fellow played a Pirc Defense, and
before he could even get his "counterattack" off the
ground, was simply going to be checkmated. Even
the game where I was *busted* right in the opening
(a Latvian Gambit), I now have the upper hand.

So, what is the difference? Sanny's program will play
moves like B-d2 or B-d7, essentially doing nothing,
while human players will often self-destruct, and this
makes his program tougher to beat. The program
appears to see a couple-three moves ahead tactically,
except when itself being mated.

-- help bot

Old September 4th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 3, 10:09 am, Sanny wrote:
Nomorechess took 80 Moves to beat Beginner Level

See this Recorded Gamehttp://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM8545&game=Chess

I have seen such a long game of 80 moves for the first time.

You know, it is amazing that each time Sanny writes
about one of my recent games, I know exactly which
one he is talking about. Often I will go for an ending
and even deliberately make bad trades (QxN+, KxQ)
in order to simplify to a more elementary win. This has
the drawback of looking bad, and of making games last
longer, but I don't care.
I handle these much as I would a blitz game against
a human opponent (who, unlike Sanny's program, will
often resign when their chances of a swindle are
quashed).

Oh well. Just to make Sanny happy, I am going to
go to GetClub right now and start a game against one
of the lowest-rated but strongest levels he's got, and
take the game seriously. Let's see what happens... .

-- help bot

Old September 4th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 4, 6:00 am, help bot wrote:
On Sep 3, 10:09 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Lets see if Master Level can beat you or not.

Play at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Here is my feeling about game strength.

With Beginner you will win 5/6 Games.
1 out of 6 games will be won by Beginner Level

With Easy you will win 4/6 Games.
2 out of 6 games will be won by Easy Level

With Normal you will win 3/6 Games
3 out of 6 games will be won by Normal Level

With Master you will win 2/6 Games.
4 out of 6 games will be won by Master Level

Bye
Sanny

Old September 4th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 4, 12:59 am, Sanny wrote:

Oh well. Just to make Sanny happy, I am going to
go to GetClub right now and start a game against one
of the lowest-rated but strongest levels he's got, and
take the game seriously. Let's see what happens... .

-- help bot

Lets see if Master Level can beat you or not.

Play at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Here is my feeling about game strength.

With Beginner you will win 5/6 Games.
1 out of 6 games will be won by Beginner Level

With Easy you will win 4/6 Games.
2 out of 6 games will be won by Easy Level

With Normal you will win 3/6 Games
3 out of 6 games will be won by Normal Level

With Master you will win 2/6 Games.
4 out of 6 games will be won by Master Level

Much to my surprise, the old "Advanced" level is back;
So now I am playing against the toughest, meanest,
baddest level of the most "improved" program there
ever was!

It's a (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w) Sicilian Defense, and already I
had one opportunity to get clobbered tactically, but I
managed to avoid it; a neat trick after White's Nxd4 is
....Qc7, Re1+ Be7, Bg5 O-O?, Nxc6!, as my Queen
would be overworked. Maybe I should have played
another Caro-Kann instead? Will I be able to handle
all these tactics and get to a Rook ending (where
stupid chess programs really strut their stuff)? Stay
tuned... .

-- help bot

Old September 4th 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Oh well. Just to make Sanny happy, I am going to
go toGetClubright now and start a game against one
of the lowest-rated but strongest levels he's got, and
take the game seriously. Let's see what happens... .

Lets see if Master Level can beat you or not.

Much to my surprise, the old "Advanced" level is back;
So now I am playing against the toughest, meanest,
baddest level of the most "improved" program there
ever was!

Do not play with Advance It takes 30min - 60 min/ move.

It's a (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w) Sicilian Defense, and already I
had one opportunity to get clobbered tactically, but I
managed to avoid it; a neat trick after White's Nxd4 is
...Qc7, Re1+ Be7, Bg5 O-O?, Nxc6!, as my Queen
would be overworked. Maybe I should have played
another Caro-Kann instead? Will I be able to handle
all these tactics and get to a Rook ending (where
stupidchessprograms really strut their stuff)? Stay
tuned... .

I am sure you will loose the Battle against Advance Level.

I thought you will play with Master level with your 30% winning
chances.

For Advance your chances of winning is just 20%. But Advance will take
2-3 days to complete.

As it will take 30-60 Minutes per move. And for some moves it may take
2 hours also.

Recently a game improvement was done. So just close your browser and
restart your game, then it will play better moves.

Bye
Sanny

Old September 4th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default help bot DEMOLISHES Advance level

On Sep 4, 2:56 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

This sounds about right, as the program was taking
f-o-r-e-v-e-r to move, but at least it does move. I was
having some difficulty in the late opening, because
although I "won the minor exchange" (as Bobby
Fischer called it when you trade your Knight for a
Bishop), I had some weak squares, like c5 and d6 and
even d4, since I could not safely kick the Knight away
from there due to nasty tactical problems (...c5?, Rxe7!
Qxe7, Nxd5 -- bam, I am pinned, forked, and
embarrassed, all in one fell swoop!).

But now things have changed, and I still can't figure
out why the program allowed me to capture a Knight
for free, even if it had a sacrifice on d5 which it thought
would regain some material later. There were several
different ways to defend the loose Knight on d4, but it
just let me take it; very odd. It's as if it does not see
tactics against itself, but only attacking moves which
strike the opponent (like some weak human players).
I am a full piece up now, at something like move 20.
(That's another miniature, but of course it will not
resign until mate-next-move, so it looks like a normal
length game. I did not see ...B-g4 in advance, but
would have taken the Knight on d4 in any case.)

The number on screen which I took as an indication
of the depth of search, "Thinking on Queen (17)", is
obviously not, unless that is a *selective* search. The
back rank mate should be seen at ply five or so:

1) Rd1??
2) Bxd4
3) Rxd4
4) Qe1+