Old October 12th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default WCC Cycle

The last attempt to figure out what system FIDE is going to use to
determine the World Chess Champion that I saw is here -
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3948
I don't think things went as planned (gasp - horror - how could that
possibly be with the excellent administration from FIDE).
Has anyone seen a more recent explanation of what is going to happen?
If so where.
All I know is that Vishy is the current Champion and that World Cup
and Grand Prix tournaments are supposed to somehow determine a
challenger for the next WCC (which I think will be a match - not sure
if it is 2009 or 2010).

Old October 15th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I think Karmnick get a rematch first , it was in his contract i belive..

Old October 17th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Actually I think the diagram on your link is still correct with only the
mexico part of the diagram already played,
Anand won that tournament and is the current world champion.
The world cup 2007 takes place from 22 november - 16 december
In 2008 Kramnik gets his chance to regain the title in a match vs anand,
this will be the world championship match for 2008.
Also in 2008 there will be a match between Topalov and the world cup 2007
winner which is a qualifier match to play for the wordchampionship match in
2009 against the winner of Kramnik-Anand.
And from then on the challenger for the reigning worldchampion will be
decided by a match between the world cup winner and the winner of the grand
prix tournaments of the past season.

"jmazz" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old October 27th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 11, 8:28 pm, jmazz wrote:
The last attempt to figure out what system FIDE is going to use to
determine the World Chess Champion that I saw is here -http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3948
I don't think things went as planned (gasp - horror - how could that
possibly be with the excellent administration from FIDE).
Has anyone seen a more recent explanation of what is going to happen?
If so where.
All I know is that Vishy is the current Champion and that World Cup
and Grand Prix tournaments are supposed to somehow determine a
challenger for the next WCC (which I think will be a match - not sure
if it is 2009 or 2010).

I know that this isn't the normal place to post this, but let me ask
again?

Why can't any citizen of St Kitts and Nevis play in the World Chess
Championship?

I can't get anything but personal attacks from a Russian murderer,
Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, concerning the size of my PENIS.

Nobody in several Carribean nations can even play in the World Chess
Championship, at all!

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE