Old January 6th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics

Default Analyze this game between GetClub & Zester.

Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...954&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1) Pe2-e4(2) Pe7-e6(0)
2) Pd2-d4(4) Pd7-d5(0)
3) Pe4-e5(6) Pc7-c5(0)
4) Pc2-c3(8) Nb8-c6(0)
5) Ng1-f3(6) Pc5-d4(12)
6) Pc3-d4(10) Bf8-b4(6)
7) Bc1-d2(12) Ng8-h6(12)
8) Bd2-b4(12) Nc6-b4(10)
9) Qd1-a4(12) Nb4-c6(20)
10) Bf1-b5(10) Ke8-g8(8)
11) Bb5-c6(42) Pb7-c6(12)
12) Qa4-c6(10) Ra8-b8(14)
13) Pb2-b3(16) Nh6-g4(22)
14) Ph2-h3(12) Ng4-h6(12)
15) Ke1-g1(10) Kg8-h8(8)
16) Nb1-d2(16) Nh6-f5(12)
17) Pg2-g4(12) Nf5-h4(14)
18) Ra1-c1(12) Ph7-h6(6)
19) Qc6-c5(14) Bc8-d7(6)
20) Qc5-c7(50) Bd7-b5(8)
21) Rf1-e1(12) Nh4-g6(10)
22) Pa2-a4(14) Bb5-d3(10)
23) Qc7-a7(14) Ng6-f4(16)
24) Kg1-h2(20) Bd3-e2(10)
25) Rc1-c3(14) Pf7-f5(22)
26) Pg4-f5(12) Rf8-f5(6)
27) Re1-g1(10) Qd8-f8(12)
28) Nf3-e1(12) Pg7-g5(20)
29) Rc3-c7(12) Kh8-g8(6)
30) Rc7-h7(12) Be2-d1(8)
31) Pf2-f3(12) Rb8-b4(12)
32) Ne1-d3(12) Nf4-d3(8)
33) Rg1-d1(12) Nd3-f4(16)
34) Rh7-c7(24) Ph6-h5(8)
35) Ph3-h4(12) Nf4-e2(20)
36) Qa7-a6(14) Ne2-d4(8)
37) Rc7-c8(34) Rf5-f3(8)
38) Rc8-f8(30) Rf3-f8(10)
39) Ph4-g5(10) Ph5-h4(16)
40) Kh2-h3(10) Rf8-f4(6)
41) Qa6-a7(14) Nd4-b3(8)
42) Pg5-g6(12) Kg8-f8(22)
43) Pa4-a5(12) Nb3-d2(8)
44) Pg6-g7(10) Kf8-g8(8)
45) Qa7-a8(10) Kg8-g7(8)
46) Rd1-g1(10) Rf4-g4(20)
47) Rg1-g4(70) Rb4-g4(12)
48) Kh3-g4(6) Kg7-f7(6)
49) Pa5-a6(12) Nd2-c4(22)
50) Kg4-g5(10) Ph4-h3(6)
51) Qa8-b7(14) Kf7-g8(12)
52) Kg5-f6(10) Ph3-h2(8)
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...954&game=Chess

Bye
Sanny

Old January 6th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics

Say "please".

Wlod
Old January 6th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 6, 3:58*pm, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)"
wrote:
Say "please".

* * Wlod

Please analyze the game.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 6th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Ron Ron is offline

In article
,
Sanny wrote:

Please analyze the game.

Please post it in standard algebraic notation.
Old January 7th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jan 6, 3:40 am, Sanny wrote:
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
[...]

I notice from the times that both programs are
moving fairly quickly, so it comes as no surprise
that the play was not "stellar".

Essentially, once the book ran out for Black
(indicated by move times = 0), the GetClub
program grossly mishandled a closed position,
donated a pawn, and allowed a decisive
penetration of the heavy pieces. Still, Jester as
White did not exactly keep control, allowing all
sorts of fun and games on the f-file and behind
his own lines.

Here's the scoop: in this opening, White is
happy when Black releases the tension by an
early cxd4, as in this game. There was no good
reason for Black to voluntarily surrender a pawn;
that's just weak play. White, for his part ought
to have grabbed the c-file earlier, putting an end
to shenanigans via a one-two-three punch of
Queen, Rook, and Rook against the exposed
King; he cannot just fiddle around with a Black
Knight on f4!

Look again at the move times: at roughly 12
seconds per move in many cases, nobody here
is going to be "WOWed" by the overall quality of
play. But on some of the higher levels I have
seen the GetClub program play some very good
chess, now and then.

-- help bot

Old January 7th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 7, 4:46*am, Ron wrote:
In article
,

*Sanny wrote:
Please analyze the game.

Please post it in standard algebraic notation.

What is algebraic notation.?

I think for example 40) Kh2-h3(10) Rf8-f4(6)

It means King was moved from h2 to h3 in 10 seconds by White.
and Rook was moved from f8 to f4 in 6 seconds. by Black.

So it is easy to follow. It first displays the piece that is being
moved R, N, B, K, Q, P and then the place where the piece original was
and then the place where it was taken to.

So Kh2-h3(10) means K (King) is moved from h2 to h3 in 10 seconds. It
is very simple to follow above Notation.

Are you finding it difficult to understand the moves then you can see
whole game Animated on your Computer at Recorded Game.

Old January 7th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

* I notice from the times that both programs are
moving fairly quickly, so it comes as no surprise
that the play was not "stellar".

In future the game will play much better as a new technique has been
found by my programmers to improve the game speed and it will play
better than Jester. Just wait a week.

* Essentially, once the book ran out for Black
(indicated by move times = 0), theGetClub
program grossly mishandled a closed position,
donated a pawn, and allowed a decisive

I found it Chastled and gave the Pawn It should have played Bishop/
Queen to protect its knight from Bishop+Queen attack.

On analysis on Computer, I found It gave only 0.3 advantage to White
after it Captured the Pawn instead of 1.0. I do not understand why
white gets only 0.3 advantage.

Further when Knight is played by Black it increased the score from 0.3
to 1.0 for While. Why was White earlier had advantage of just 0.3
despite it was a pawn up?

* Here's the scoop: in this opening, White is
happy when Black releases the tension by an
early cxd4, as in this game. *There was no good
reason for Black to voluntarily surrender a pawn;

Pawn could have been saved by playing Queen/Bishop to protect Black
Knight that got pin with King. So I think it was Chastling that was
wrong Move?

* Look again at the move times: at roughly 12
seconds per move in many cases, nobody here
is going to be "WOWed" by the overall quality of
play. *But on some of the higher levels I have
seen theGetClubprogram play some very goodchess, now and then.

Soon Beginner Level will play much stronger Just wait for a week.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 7th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 7, 1:26 am, Sanny wrote:

Please analyze the game.

Please post it in standard algebraic notation.

What is algebraic notation.?

I think for example 40) Kh2-h3(10) Rf8-f4(6)

It means King was moved from h2 to h3 in 10 seconds by White.
and Rook was moved from f8 to f4 in 6 seconds. by Black.

So it is easy to follow. It first displays the piece that is being
moved R, N, B, K, Q, P and then the place where the piece original was
and then the place where it was taken to.

So Kh2-h3(10) means K (King) is moved from h2 to h3 in 10 seconds. It
is very simple to follow above Notation.

Are you finding it difficult to understand the moves then you can see
whole game Animated on your Computer at Recorded Game.

I doubt any experienced player here is having trouble
following the notation. However, this funky free-style
notation cannot be input *automatically* into a chess
program for anno-Fritzation; they have to hand-enter
the moves, which is tedious.

Here's an example of a standard notation style, for
comparison:

1. e4 e6

2. d4 d5

3. e5 c5

4. c3 Nc6

5. Nf3 cd

6. cd Bb4+

7. Bd2

Castling is denoted by either "O-O", or else by
"O-O-O", which is a throwback to the old descriptive
style of notation.

-- help bot

Old January 7th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jan 7, 2:17 am, Sanny wrote:

I notice from the times that both programs are
moving fairly quickly, so it comes as no surprise
that the play was not "stellar".

In future the game will play much better as a new technique has been
found by my programmers to improve the game speed and it will play
better than Jester. Just wait a week.

Essentially, once the book ran out for Black
(indicated by move times = 0), theGetClub
program grossly mishandled a closed position,
donated a pawn, and allowed a decisive

I found it Chastled and gave the Pawn It should have played Bishop/
Queen to protect its knight from Bishop+Queen attack.

On analysis on Computer, I found It gave only 0.3 advantage to White
after it Captured the Pawn instead of 1.0. I do not understand why
white gets only 0.3 advantage.

It's probably because with correct play Black can
seize the now-open c-file.

Further when Knight is played by Black it increased the score from 0.3
to 1.0 for While. Why was White earlier had advantage of just 0.3
despite it was a pawn up?

Black can seize the open c-file; maybe the program
"saw" a Black Rook reaching the seventh rank, and
gave a bonus for that?

Here's the scoop: in this opening, White is
happy when Black releases the tension by an
early cxd4, as in this game. There was no good
reason for Black to voluntarily surrender a pawn;

Pawn could have been saved by playing Queen/Bishop to protect Black
Knight that got pin with King. So I think it was Chastling that was
wrong Move?

That is correct. When White threatened to win
a pawn after B-b5, Black could have defended
that threat with ...B-d7 -- a normal developing
move. Then, White would be in a small quandry,
as Black now "threatens" ...p-a6, and answering
with BxN loses the minor exchange.

Look again at the move times: at roughly 12
seconds per move in many cases, nobody here
is going to be "WOWed" by the overall quality of
play. But on some of the higher levels I have
seen theGetClubprogram play some very goodchess, now and then.

Soon Beginner Level will play much stronger Just wait for a week.

I recently faced a human opponent who tried to
hold onto the Queen's Gambit pawn -- apparently,
another victim of the great Bernard Parham's
school of chess. These games against a nearly
book-less chess program at the Beginner level
remind me of my huge inherent advantage: I can
judge when to develop, and when to grab material.
At twelve seconds per move, your program is just
tossing a coin, for it lacks the time or the
wherewithal to make such judgments. On the
higher levels, the computer's vastly superior
speed allows it to try and calculate the outcomes,
so things are much more difficult for me.

-- help bot

Old January 10th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.politics
SBD SBD is offline

On Jan 7, 1:48*am, help bot wrote:

* Castling is denoted by either "O-O", or else by
"O-O-O", which is a throwback to the old descriptive
style of notation.

No it isn't.