Old July 4th 03, 05:31 AM
Smc080178

Default Getting out of the books with complications?

The purpose of an opening repertoir is to get you into positions you know how
to play. Even better, is one you know better than your opponent.
I think what you are looking for is a TN. and is best to get into it later in
the opening. Look for an old move that hasn't been popular lately and then
STUDY THE POSITION.
I have used a reperoire from "An Opening Repertoire for the Attacking Player"
by Levy and Keene for a while and it has got me decent results even against
titled players.
It was published in '76 so is not out on the cutting edge of theory. The lines
run fairly deep though, but are pretty forcing so it is possible to learn them
deeper as there are less variations. Many variations lead to complex endgames
which favor the stronger player, also.

Steve Clanton