Old February 23rd 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub (Beginner) played Rybka till end Game. [51 Moves]

Normally Rybka ends the game in Middle game (25-30 moves). But today
Beginner Level was able to play till end Game. It took Rybka 51 Moves
to win GetClub Beginner Level.

Today an improvement was done So Rybka (Hard Level) was unable to Mate
in 25-30 Moves as it used to earlier.

How many players / Programs has beaten Rybka. I think with the
improvement Normal Level may some day win Rybka.

Here is the game with Beginner Level

Game Played between Rybka and beginner at GetClub.com

Rybka : (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...978&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{2} d7-d6{0}
2. g2-g3{12} Ng8-f6{8}
3. Nb1-c3{10} Bc8-e6{14}
4. Ng1-f3{26} Nb8-c6{6}
5. Bf1-g2{14} d6-d5{6}
6. e4-d5{22} Nf6-d5{18}
7. Ke1-g1{12} Ra8-b8{6}
8. Rf1-e1{16} Nd5-c3{6}
9. b2-c3{14} g7-g6{14}
10. d2-d4{22} Bf8-g7{6}
11. Nf3-g5{24} Be6-d5{8}
12. Bc1-f4{16} Bd5-g2{6}
13. Kg1-g2{20} h7-h6{8}
14. Ng5-e4{18} g6-g5{8}
15. Bf4-e3{14} Qd8-d5{6}
16. Qd1-f3{22} e7-e6{6}
17. Be3-g5{20} Ke8-f8{6}
18. Bg5-f4{72} Rb8-c8{6}
19. Ra1-d1{32} Rh8-g8{6}
20. Rd1-b1{18} b7-b6{6}
21. a2-a4{26} f7-f5{8}
22. Rb1-b5{28} Qd5-d7{6}
23. d4-d5{24} e6-d5{10}
24. Ne4-g5{20} h6-g5{6}
25. Rb5-d5{20} Qd7-f7{6}
26. Rd5-f5{22} Bg7-f6{6}
27. Qf3-c6{22} Rg8-g6{8}
28. Bf4-g5{14} Rc8-e8{6}
29. Re1-e8{18} Qf7-e8{8}
30. Rf5-f6{26} Rg6-f6{6}
31. Qc6-f6{14} Kf8-g8{8}
32. Qf6-d8{18} Qe8-d8{6}
33. Bg5-d8{14} c7-c5{10}
34. Bd8-b6{16} a7-b6{8}
35. Kg2-f3{20} Kg8-f8{6}
36. Kf3-e4{16} Kf8-e8{6}
37. Ke4-d5{14} Ke8-d8{6}
38. Kd5-c6{16} Kd8-e8{8}
39. Kc6-b6{18} c5-c4{54}
40. h2-h4{14} Ke8-d8{6}
41. a4-a5{18} Kd8-d7{6}
42. a5-a6{34} Kd7-e6{6}
43. h4-h5{16} Ke6-f6{6}
44. h5-h6{14} Kf6-g6{6}
45. h6-h7{12} Kg6-h7{6}
46. Kb6-c5{14} Kh7-g8{6}
47. g3-g4{14} Kg8-h7{14}
48. a6-a7{16} Kh7-g6{8}
49. f2-f4{18} Kg6-f7{6}
50. Kc5-d6{16} Kf7-g6{14}
51. Kd6-e6{22} Kg6-h5{6}
Rybka : (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...978&game=Chess

So you can see GetClub Struggled till End Game. And for the first time
Stopped Rybka from winning till 51 Moves.

I found Rybka's end game is as poor as GetClub End Game.

Instead of getting Queen and doing Check Mate it played its King and
Pawns aimlessly. Beginner level was able to killl its pawns for no
reasions.

Play a game fast and tell me if you see the GetClub Program improved?

What is the Rating of Rybka?

Some say its Rating is 3000.

So Since Beginner Level was able to defend till 51 Moves I think I
need to increase Rating of each Level.

Here is the new Rating to each level.

Beginner: 2100 [5-10 sec/move]
Easy: 2200 [20-40 sec/move]
Normal: 2300 [1-2 min / move]
Master: 2400 [5-10 min / move]

I increased rating of each level by +100, As it played very well
against Rybka.

Bye
Sanny

Old February 23rd 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 23, 2:11 am, Sanny wrote:

Normally Rybka ends the game in Middle game (25-30 moves). But today
Beginner Level was able to play till end Game. It took Rybka 51 Moves
to win GetClub Beginner Level.

Today an improvement was done So Rybka (Hard Level)

What is this "hard level"? Does Rybka set
its strength by allowing you to choose between
"easy" and "hard"?

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{2} d7-d6{0}
2. g2-g3{12} Ng8-f6{8}
3. Nb1-c3{10} Bc8-e6{14}
4. Ng1-f3{26} Nb8-c6{6}
5. Bf1-g2{14} d6-d5{6}
6. e4-d5{22} Nf6-d5{18}
7. Ke1-g1{12} Ra8-b8{6}
8. Rf1-e1{16} Nd5-c3{6}
9. b2-c3{14} g7-g6{14}
10. d2-d4{22} Bf8-g7{6}
11. Nf3-g5{24} Be6-d5{8}
12. Bc1-f4{16} Bd5-g2{6}
13. Kg1-g2{20} h7-h6{8}
14. Ng5-e4{18} g6-g5{8}
15. Bf4-e3{14} Qd8-d5{6}
16. Qd1-f3{22} e7-e6{6}
17. Be3-g5{20} Ke8-f8{6}
18. Bg5-f4{72} Rb8-c8{6}
19. Ra1-d1{32} Rh8-g8{6}
20. Rd1-b1{18} b7-b6{6}
21. a2-a4{26} f7-f5{8}
22. Rb1-b5{28} Qd5-d7{6}
23. d4-d5{24} e6-d5{10}
24. Ne4-g5{20} h6-g5{6}
25. Rb5-d5{20} Qd7-f7{6}
26. Rd5-f5{22} Bg7-f6{6}
27. Qf3-c6{22} Rg8-g6{8}
28. Bf4-g5{14} Rc8-e8{6}
29. Re1-e8{18} Qf7-e8{8}
30. Rf5-f6{26} Rg6-f6{6}
31. Qc6-f6{14} Kf8-g8{8}
32. Qf6-d8{18} Qe8-d8{6}
33. Bg5-d8{14} c7-c5{10}
34. Bd8-b6{16} a7-b6{8}
35. Kg2-f3{20} Kg8-f8{6}
36. Kf3-e4{16} Kf8-e8{6}
37. Ke4-d5{14} Ke8-d8{6}
38. Kd5-c6{16} Kd8-e8{8}
39. Kc6-b6{18} c5-c4{54}
40. h2-h4{14} Ke8-d8{6}
41. a4-a5{18} Kd8-d7{6}
42. a5-a6{34} Kd7-e6{6}
43. h4-h5{16} Ke6-f6{6}
44. h5-h6{14} Kf6-g6{6}
45. h6-h7{12} Kg6-h7{6}
46. Kb6-c5{14} Kh7-g8{6}
47. g3-g4{14} Kg8-h7{14}
48. a6-a7{16} Kh7-g6{8}
49. f2-f4{18} Kg6-f7{6}
50. Kc5-d6{16} Kf7-g6{14}
51. Kd6-e6{22} Kg6-h5{6}

View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...978&game=Chess

So you can see GetClub Struggled till End Game. And for the first time
Stopped Rybka from winning till 51 Moves.

I found Rybka's end game is as poor as GetClub End Game.

That's not really possible; in order for that
to occur, you would need to gut the program,
like a fish: remove half its brain, then drug
the other half so it remains in a state of deep
sleep... .

Instead of getting Queen and doing Check Mate it played its King and
Pawns aimlessly. Beginner level was able to killl its pawns for no
reasions.

How about operator error?

What is the Rating of Rybka?

With Sanny as operator, perhaps 1500.
With anyone else, somewhere around 3000.

Here is the new Rating to each level.

Beginner: 2100 [5-10 sec/move]
Easy: 2200 [20-40 sec/move]
Normal: 2300 [1-2 min / move]
Master: 2400 [5-10 min / move]

I increased rating of each level by +100, As it played very well
against Rybka.

The trouble is, I recently defeated the Master
level, so that would seem to make me a 2900
player! Maybe these numbers are a tad
optimistic. I am still winning in "offhand" style
games against the Beginner level, without any
trouble. And if I hunker down, I can still win
against any of the other levels-- though not as
easily or quickly as I would like.

For purposes of comparison, I once had the
beta version of the free demo Rybka 1.0-- the
one with all the bugs. I removed the program's
Queen's Rook, and proceeded to get
summarily outplayed; the game went on for
quite a while, but I eventually traded off enough
material to *barely* win in the endgame. Next
time I want to try something like that, I will
remove the enemy Queen, and hunker down... .

-- weak bot
Old February 23rd 08, 03:36 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by help bot View Post
On Feb 23, 2:11 am, Sanny wrote:

Normally Rybka ends the game in Middle game (25-30 moves). But today
Beginner Level was able to play till end Game. It took Rybka 51 Moves
to win GetClub Beginner Level.

Today an improvement was done So Rybka (Hard Level)

What is this "hard level"? Does Rybka set
its strength by allowing you to choose between
"easy" and "hard"?
helpbot - this is the free interactive online version. http://chessok.com/?page_id=76

Quote:
[color=blue][i]
White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{2} d7-d6{0}
2. g2-g3{12} Ng8-f6{8}
3. Nb1-c3{10} Bc8-e6{14}
4. Ng1-f3{26} Nb8-c6{6}
5. Bf1-g2{14} d6-d5{6}
6. e4-d5{22} Nf6-d5{18}
7. Ke1-g1{12} Ra8-b8{6}
8. Rf1-e1{16} Nd5-c3{6}
9. b2-c3{14} g7-g6{14}
10. d2-d4{22} Bf8-g7{6}
11. Nf3-g5{24} Be6-d5{8}
12. Bc1-f4{16} Bd5-g2{6}
13. Kg1-g2{20} h7-h6{8}
14. Ng5-e4{18} g6-g5{8}
15. Bf4-e3{14} Qd8-d5{6}
16. Qd1-f3{22} e7-e6{6}
17. Be3-g5{20} Ke8-f8{6}
18. Bg5-f4{72} Rb8-c8{6}
19. Ra1-d1{32} Rh8-g8{6}
20. Rd1-b1{18} b7-b6{6}
21. a2-a4{26} f7-f5{8}
22. Rb1-b5{28} Qd5-d7{6}
23. d4-d5{24} e6-d5{10}
24. Ne4-g5{20} h6-g5{6}
25. Rb5-d5{20} Qd7-f7{6}
26. Rd5-f5{22} Bg7-f6{6}
27. Qf3-c6{22} Rg8-g6{8}
28. Bf4-g5{14} Rc8-e8{6}
29. Re1-e8{18} Qf7-e8{8}
30. Rf5-f6{26} Rg6-f6{6}
31. Qc6-f6{14} Kf8-g8{8}
32. Qf6-d8{18} Qe8-d8{6}
33. Bg5-d8{14} c7-c5{10}
34. Bd8-b6{16} a7-b6{8}
35. Kg2-f3{20} Kg8-f8{6}
36. Kf3-e4{16} Kf8-e8{6}
37. Ke4-d5{14} Ke8-d8{6}
38. Kd5-c6{16} Kd8-e8{8}
39. Kc6-b6{18} c5-c4{54}
40. h2-h4{14} Ke8-d8{6}
41. a4-a5{18} Kd8-d7{6}
42. a5-a6{34} Kd7-e6{6}
43. h4-h5{16} Ke6-f6{6}
44. h5-h6{14} Kf6-g6{6}
45. h6-h7{12} Kg6-h7{6}
46. Kb6-c5{14} Kh7-g8{6}
47. g3-g4{14} Kg8-h7{14}
48. a6-a7{16} Kh7-g6{8}
49. f2-f4{18} Kg6-f7{6}
50. Kc5-d6{16} Kf7-g6{14}
51. Kd6-e6{22} Kg6-h5{6}

Sanny -

How was this game even close? Rybka set up a killer combination with a pawn thrust at move 26 followed by a knight sac, and forcing exchanges such that by move 36 it was all over, B+6p vs 3p. So it appears that Rybka is far too strong for GetClub, the gap between the engines is too wide to help tweak GetClub. You could try Rybka on an easier level, or else try the GNU engine.

The GNU chess engine is much stronger than Jester, and at 20 seconds think time per move, it is just barely weaker than Rybka. You can extend its think time to 2 minutes per move. With so many levels you should be able to find one that is barely stronger than GetClub. That way it will be easier to tweak GetClub and make it stronger. One small step at a time.

Try a game with GNU vs. GetClub and see what I mean.

http://chess.delorie.com/

The default is 1 second think time per move. (Its range is 1/10th sec to 2 min think time per move)
Old February 23rd 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

I tried again to play a game to start to triangulate on a rating for
GitClub. Here's what happened. I thought I would try ChessMaster 10
with its rated personalities (who knows how good the ratings are and
under what conditions they were taken, but what the heck). I used a
personality with an 1193 rating and set the game for 2/6 Fischer time,
with CM as black, GC as white; GC at "easy" level (40 seconds per move
in theory). Here is the game:

White -- Black
(easy) -- (CM 1193)

1. d2-d4{34} e7-e5{24}
2. d4-e5{28} Bf8-c5{18}
3. Nb1-c3{26} Ng8-f6{20}
4. Ng1-f3{74} Rh8-g8{14}
5. e5-f6{20} Qd8-f6{12}
6. Nc3-d5{32} Qf6-d8{14}
7. Bc1-f4{32} d7-d6{28}
8. Qd1-d3{36} c7-c6{12}
9. Qd3-h7{42} Ke8-f8{12}
10. Nd5-c3{22} Qd8-e7{18}
11. Qh7-g8{20}

I never actually saw GC's 11th move; the board disappeared and GC
claimed a win when it had in fact just thrown away its queen (I looked
up the move in GC's move records afterwards). I guess GC thought this
was checkmate even though the white queen is unprotected.

Now, up to this point I was reasonably impressed. ChessMaster was
doing its usual stupid thing of throwing away material to lower its
rating, but GitClub was handily taking advantage of it (though when CM
threw away a knight GC waited an extra move to pick it up; luckily CM
left it hanging). Still, under these conditions thus far in the game
it seemed like GC was on the way to victory.

But with stupid bugs like claiming a checkmate in error, who has the
patience to try to evaluate GC properly, with a long enough series of
games under controlled conditions? I was about to do that but I was
frustrated again.

No doubt Sanny will fix this bug and proclaim the program better than
ever and ready to trounce Rybka in the future, but I'm about ready to
give it all up. After so many months the program ought to at least
play by the rules. And it would be really nice to show the final
position and not just delete the board and say "game over."

Old February 23rd 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
[...]

It seems very simple to me. If a program can not play by the rules, its
rating is zero.
--

Cordially,
Rev. J.D. Walker, MsD, U.C.

Old February 23rd 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 23, 9:02*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Very Strange thing There must be something wrong somewhere.

That game has been restored and Computer played 11. g3 instead of
11. Qh7-g8{20}

I think Chess Master took was thinking on GetClubs Move and that may
be the reasion of such poor game.

You may continue this game with

1. d2-d4{34} e7-e5{24}
2. d4-e5{28} Bf8-c5{18}
3. Nb1-c3{26} Ng8-f6{20}
4. Ng1-f3{74} Rh8-g8{14}
5. e5-f6{20} Qd8-f6{12}
6. Nc3-d5{32} Qf6-d8{14}
7. Bc1-f4{32} d7-d6{28}
8. Qd1-d3{36} c7-c6{12}
9. Qd3-h7{42} Ke8-f8{12}
10. Nd5-c3{22} Qd8-e7{18}
11. g2-g3{--}

Let me know if you face any other problem, Just login and continue
your game.

Bye
Sanny

Old February 23rd 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
[...]

* -- weak bot- Hide quoted text -

Ok I will play a new game with Beginner Level and see if there is any
improvement or not. As nothing can be said with single game.

Bye
Sanny

Old February 23rd 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default A new game with Rybka (Wins in 24 Moves only)

Ok I will play a new game with Beginner Level and see if there is any
improvement or not. As nothing can be said with single game.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Here is another game, Here Rybka won Beginner Level in just 24 Moves.

Game Played between sanjay11 and beginner at GetClub.com

sanjay11: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...032&game=Chess

White -- Black
(sanjay11) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{4} e7-e5{0}
2. Ng1-f3{58} Nb8-c6{0}
3. Bf1-b5{16} Bf8-c5{0}
4. Nb1-c3{18} Bc5-d4{6}
5. Nc3-d5{16} Bd4-c5{6}
6. b2-b4{18} Nc6-b4{10}
7. Bc1-a3{26} Nb4-d5{6}
8. Ba3-c5{22} Nd5-f6{8}
9. Nf3-e5{18} c7-c6{6}
10. Bb5-c4{22} Ng8-h6{6}
11. Bc5-d6{20} b7-b5{10}
12. Bc4-b3{18} Nf6-e4{10}
13. Qd1-e2{14} Qd8-f6{18}
14. Qe2-e4{28} Ke8-d8{6}
15. Qe4-b4{24} a7-a5{6}
16. Qb4-c5{22} a5-a4{8}
17. Qc5-b6{26} Kd8-e8{14}
18. Ke1-g1{22} a4-b3{6}
19. Rf1-e1{26} Qf6-e6{8}
20. Ne5-c6{28} Bc8-a6{8}
21. a2-b3{48} Ra8-c8{6}
22. Qb6-a6{24} Rc8-d8{8}
23. Nc6-d8{36} Nh6-g8{14}
24. Qa6-a8{18} Qe6-e7{6}
sanjay11: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...032&game=Chess

Here Rybka again played very smartly and won the game.

Bye
Sanny

Old February 23rd 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Very Strange thing There must be something wrong somewhere.

Well no kidding.

That game has been restored and Computer played 11. g3 instead of
11. Qh7-g8{20}

That is cheating. GitClub should live with the move it actually made
in the game.

I think Chess Master took was thinking on GetClubs Move and that may
be the reasion of such poor game.

To my knowledge CM was not thinking on GC's time. But until the last
move GC was doing just fine and was handily winning.

You may continue this game with
11. g2-g3{--}

Thank you but no. It is more trouble than it is worth. I will wait a
couple of weeks and see if the buggy interface is fixed before I spend
more time on this.
Old February 23rd 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Here Rybka again played very smartly and won the game.

I don't think Rybka played a brilliant game, but in honesty if you
look closely you must say that GC played a really terrible game.
19.... Qe6 for instance, throwing away the queen; even I know better
than that. How can you possibly think something this bad rates above
2000? You seem to have Rybka, well, do an analysis and find all the
bad GC moves.

I don't know why you test beginner level, unless it is for the reason
I previously did, that it is not slow like the other levels. But
really play at least from Easy level. Easy seems to play much better
than Beginner.