Old March 6th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default IVAN VS GETCLUB NEW THREAD

(GetClub Normal) - (Ivan 45 Moves in 45 min)

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 exd4
4. Nxd4 Bc5
5. Nb3 Bb4+
6. c3 Be7
7. Nd4 Nxd4
8. cxd4 Nf6
9. e5 Ne4
10. Qc2 d5
11. f3 Bh4??? {One Point Loss}
12. g3 Nxg3
13. hxg3 Bxg3+

Here is what happened in this position, where
two grandmaster-strength programs took over.
I gave the lost position to the stronger one, and
the winning position (White) to Fritz 5.32. Much
to my surprise, Fritz was unable to win the game,
although in many cases its choice of moves was
a perfect match. All it took was an occasional
"suboptimal" move, here and there, to let the win
slip away... .

12. g3 Bf5!

13. fxe4 Bxe4

14. Qa4+ c6

15. Rg1 Be7

16. Qb3 Qd7

17. Nc3 Bg6

18. Bg2 f6!

19. Bf4 fe

20. de5? Bh5!

21. Qa4 Rd8

22. Rf1 O-O

23. Qxa7 g5

24. Bd2 Qe6

25. Rxf8+ Rxf8

26. Be3 Qxe5

27. Qd4 Qe6

28. Nxd5 cxd5

29. Bxd5 Bb4+

30. Qxb4 Qxd5

31. Qb3 Qxb3

32. axb3 h6

33. Ra7? Re8

34. Kd2 Rd8+

35. Kc3 Rc8+

36. Kd3 Bg6+

37. Kd4 Re8!

38. Bg1 Re1

39. Be3 Rd1+

40. Ke5? Rd3

41. Bd4 Rxb3

42. Ke6 Bf7+

43. Ke7 Rd3

44. Ra8+ Kh7

45. Rh8+? Kg6

46. Rd8 Bb3

47. g4 Rf3

48. Rd6+ Kh7

...and here I stopped the game, being too
tired to continue. Clearly drawable, it could
take weeks before Fritz might make some
further errors, or it could repeat for a draw
at any time.

I gave both programs plenty of time to
consider their moves, so it was a bit of a
surprise that Fritz 5.32 could not reel it in.
A graph of the game shows a flat line with
a huge advantage from moves twelve all the
way to move twenty, then things started to
do downhill for Fritz.

-- help bot
Old March 7th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Mar 7, 1:44*am, help bot wrote:
[...]

Lets hope GetClub win the game as it is now +3 points ahead. I saw
your game at GetClub 180 Moves with a Rook down. after which you
resign to beginner Level.

When you win Beginner Level you get +5 points but when you loose a
game with Beginner Level you loose 20 points. So you have to win
atleast 5 games for each loss to gain rating.

Now you can add your photos/ pictures at GetClub So Now people will
not only know you by Name but also by a photo.

Myself used a photo of Elephant. I think I will replace that photo
with a Bird.

Incase you do not put any photo you are replaced by a Boy playing
Chess.

Bye
Sanny