Old April 2nd 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Worlds best game by Rybka against Easy Level.

A game with Rybka.

Easy Level vs Rybka, where Rybka won in just 9 Moves by sacrificing a
Knight.

Game Played between sanjay11 and easy at GetClub.com

Rybka: (White)
Easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...913&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka) -- (Easy)

1. e2-e4{172} e7-e6{0}
2. d2-d4{74} d7-d5{0}
3. Nb1-c3{12} d5-e4{0}
4. Nc3-e4{14} Bc8-d7{0}
5. Bf1-d3{16} Bf8-e7{38}
6. Ng1-f3{12} f7-f5{26}
7. Nf3-e5{24} f5-e4{46}
8. Bd3-e4{14} Nb8-c6{32}
9. Qd1-h5{16} g7-g6{24}
Rybka: (White)
Easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...913&game=Chess

So you can see how Quickly Rybka won the Easy Level. No one else can
beat Easy Level at GetClub in just 9 moves. Its Great Game by Rybka.

Even Beginner Level needs 50-60 moves by good players. And I think
Help Bot has to think a lot to win Easy Level. So by Comparision its
one of the Best game against Rybka at GetClub Chess

Rybka Sacrificed its Knight to win the game.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 2nd 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 2, 11:40*am, Sanny wrote:
A game with Rybka.

This says nothing whatsoever about the strength of
Rybka, it is merely an indictment of GitClub!

How exactly does this program which you spam
constantly about with vastly exagerated claims of
playing strength fall to a tactic more generally
experienced by 1000 scholastic players when
facing From's Gambit in Bird's opening for the
very first time?
Old April 2nd 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

In message
,
Sanny writes

--------
Rybka: (White)
Easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...913&game=Chess
--------

White -- Black
(Rybka) -- (Easy)

1. e2-e4{172} e7-e6{0}
2. d2-d4{74} d7-d5{0}
3. Nb1-c3{12} d5-e4{0}
4. Nc3-e4{14} Bc8-d7{0}
5. Bf1-d3{16} Bf8-e7{38}
6. Ng1-f3{12} f7-f5{26}
7. Nf3-e5{24} f5-e4{46}
8. Bd3-e4{14} Nb8-c6{32}
9. Qd1-h5{16} g7-g6{24}

More like worlds worst game by Getclub against Rybka.

One can quibble about the minor errors early in the game, but the
catastrophic materialistic grab 7. .... fxN only starts the slide.

But the utterly ineffectual Nc6 beggars belief and is terminal.

Almost anything with a half decent look ahead would see that Qh5+ is
extremely scary. Although its dire consequences might be just beyond
GetClubs event horizon. But it shouldn't be - singular extensions should
get it because there are forced moves.

Rybka Sacrificed its Knight to win the game.

I'd hazard a guess that the King protection logic is flawed, and there
is no special case quiescence search for near mate situations. It may be
relevant that one of the mating continuations can include a Q sacrifice.

Regards.
--
Martin Brown

Old April 3rd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

GitClub was Diced like Carrots, Sliced like Tomatoes, Riced like
Potatoes, Minced like Onions, and Shredded like Cabbage!
Old April 4th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 2, 12:40 pm, Sanny wrote:
A game with Rybka.

Easy Level vs Rybka, where Rybka won in just 9 Moves by sacrificing a
Knight.

So you can see how Quickly Rybka won the Easy Level. No one else can
beat Easy Level at GetClub in just 9 moves. Its Great Game by Rybka.

What the heck kind of wackiness is this post? Am I coming late to the
party of something?

Very strange.

Tom

Old April 4th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

What the heck kind of wackiness is this post? Am I coming late to the
party of something?

Very strange.

Tom

Uncle Tom what are the Things you find Strange?

Bye
Sanny

Old April 5th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Apr 4, 1:38 pm, Sanny wrote:

Uncle Tom what are the Things you find Strange?

I don't know where to begin, Sanny. I think if you analyze that game,
you'll see there's not much to be proud of from GetClub's point of
view.

I know programing a chess engine is very difficult. I took a stab at
it in college and gave up. BUT, I know for sure I wouldn't post
results like that.

Your engine is not even beta. It's very rudimentary alpha. I guess it
doesn't make any illegal moves. That's a great accomplishment,
actually. But please stop trying to sell it as the Second Coming or
something. It is a bit insulting to the rest of us.

I've gone back and read an example of your posts and you seem to
always be crowing about your program being so strong. In fact, even
the weaker freeware chess engines wouldn't play as bad a game as the
one you posted here. You should know that.

If I were you, I'd keep quiet, at least, until your engine can hold
its own against Crafty or some similar engine. At the moment, it
obviously could not. Forget about Rybka, please.

Tom

PS. Cross posting is rude.
Old April 6th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Your engine is not even beta. It's very rudimentary alpha. I guess it
doesn't make any illegal moves. That's a great accomplishment,
actually. But please stop trying to sell it as the Second Coming or
something. It is a bit insulting to the rest of us.

I've gone back and read an example of your posts and you seem to
always be crowing about your program being so strong. In fact, even
the weaker freewarechessengines wouldn't play as bad a game as the
one you posted here. You should know that.

I am only showing the game where it looses. There are 100s of games
where GetClub has Won.

Visit: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html and see how 90% of the
players are loosing to GetClub.

Yes still it is weaker than Rybka as it used Applet which is generally
slower that Native Code. And currently it do not use processing power
of multi core computer.

I think once It starts using power of Multi Core, then It will think
twice/ Four times faster on a dual core or Quad Core Processor.

I am still looking to know the figure of How many people has dual
Core / Quad Core Processor.

One good thing I have done is that It now thinks in Opponents time. So
it saves the Time of Player. And in many moves it plays in just 0
seconds.

Just play a few games with Beginner Level and see how many you can
win. If you can win 50% of the games then you are a real master.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 6th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Apr 6, 3:36 am, Sanny wrote:
I am only showing the game where it looses. There are 100s of games
where GetClub has Won.

Visit:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.htmland see how 90% of the
players are loosing to GetClub.

I'm not talking about GetClub vs. humans.

Yes still it is weaker than Rybka as it used Applet which is generally
slower that Native Code. And currently it do not use processing power
of multi core computer.

I think once It starts using power of Multi Core, then It will think
twice/ Four times faster on a dual core or Quad Core Processor.

I am still looking to know the figure of How many people has dual
Core / Quad Core Processor.

The processor has nothing to do with it. Send me the binaries, I'll
perform a tournament between GC and Crafty. (Assuming GC follows WB or
UCI protocols) If GC wins one game, I'll eat my hat.
Old April 12th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Tom F. wrote:
I know programing a chess engine is very difficult. I took a stab at
it in college and gave up.

I've done it and I don't think it's *so* difficult to write a chess
engine. It's reasonable to be proud of having written one and there's
no shame in having tried and not got there -- it's not easy.

BUT, I know for sure I wouldn't post results like that.

Amen. I've not looked at any of Sanny's engine's games for a long
time but, when I did, they were either of a very low standard or had
taken an unacceptably long time to play.

As it happens, my engine was about as strong as me in the middlegame
but played a very weak endgame. I wouldn't have been ashamed to post
its games here but there wouldn't have been much point because the
individual moves give little information about what's going on. This
whole approach of `here's a game -- tell me what I need to improve' is
fundamentally flawed.

Your engine is not even beta. It's very rudimentary alpha. I guess it
doesn't make any illegal moves. That's a great accomplishment,
actually.

Wellllll, a chess engine works by generating a list of legal moves and
then choosing one of them. Generating the list is by far the easiest
part of that and I'd hope that any competent programmer would be able
to enumerate the legal moves in any position.

If I were you, I'd keep quiet, at least, until your engine can hold
its own against Crafty or some similar engine.

That's a big ask. There aren't many who've written an engine that
strong.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Surprise Incredible Smokes (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a pack of cigarettes but