Old April 5th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Nice Chess problem

Hi,

When surfing across the web, I found a nice chess problem in the
following link.

http://oraclearticles.googlepages.com/recyclebin

Can somebody post the solution for this problem..

Position: Black to move, mate in two moves.
Old April 5th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

wrote:
Hi,

When surfing across the web, I found a nice chess problem in the
following link.

http://oraclearticles.googlepages.com/recyclebin

Can somebody post the solution for this problem..

Position: Black to move, mate in two moves.

First move is to get the knight out of the way, check the white king. So
either Nh3+ (followed by gxh3 or Kh1) or Ne2+ (followed by Nxe2, Bxe2 of
Kh1.) In both cases the check was to prevent white from playing g2 and
blocking the mate delivered by Qxh2#.