Old April 27th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default I lost a drawn? endgame against GM Nakamura today.

At the Washington State Elementary Chess tournament today, I got to play
against Super GM Nakamura today.

What a coup. All I had to do was to try and play well. I ended in
this position when the last piece left the table. And at that point, I
was clearly in the wind, as I do not play enough chess to be in this
kind of endgame with this man. I will NEVER play enough chess to be in
this endgame.

Unfortunately I lost the thread when I could not count anything well
enough but how he could beat, and beat me I did.

But I was very happy with my play that we could get to this position.
Not bad for an everyday joe playing the worlds best. How cool was that
anyways. He had to actually spend energy thinking about this position.
I really couldn't ask for much more than that, except I suppose, a
draw or victory!

8/p6p/6p1/3k1p2/P2P4/1PK5/7P/8 w - - 0 2
Old April 27th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

At the Washington State Elementary Chess tournament today, I got to play
against Super GM Nakamura today.

I heard this GM has beaten Rybka a few times is it Correct?

Play a few games at GetClub and let me know if you can win the
Beginner & Easy Levels. Its very interesting to play at GetClub.

Can you show the recorded game that you played?

Bye
Sanny

Old April 27th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Sanny wrote:

I heard this GM has beaten Rybka a few times is it Correct?

Yes, famously so.

Can you show the recorded game that you played?

I wish that I could. It was a very spur of the moment thing, I went
down to WATCH the simul, and there were a few seats open, I wasn't
planning to play, and I had no scoresheet.

The game was a transposed kinds gambit that came about with an f4
opening by Nakamura. This was interesting for me, because while on the
east coast the KG is popular, this is very nearly never assayed on the
west coast in scholastics. I had NO IDEA how to play this or what the
point of the opening.

So I tried to parry his threats the best I could, and activate my pieces
the best I could (my queen's knight was very active trying to find a
good squared to be on). We eventually castled on opposite sides, and I
forced first down to a RK RB endgame, which if I was reasonable player
should have been drawn, but the locals like how I handled my self, as we
finally got down to the ending that I enclosed.

I wish that I had the recorded game, but my mind doesn't work that way,
and I wasn't prepared, but I took the opportunity that arose. How could
I not?

Most of the games to the right and left of me, were pressure games. The
GM just brought out coordinated pieces, put massive pressure on the
king, then brought MORE pressure on the king, and then the players just
folded up like a house of cards. My game was a bit different, I would
fortify the weakness that it looked like he was going for, and then
focused on his king, with the opportunity for trading down. Eventually,
it seemed he had to take me up on those opportunities.