Old June 15th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess made Twice Better.

Today again GetClub Chess was further improved and it will play Twice
Better. This time a bug was removed.

1 week back GetClub was 16 times weaker than Normal Level. Now GetClub
Chess is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

So The move Rybka takes 5 seconds to think, GetClub will take 5*8 = 40
Seconds.

So in 40 seconds GetClub will play same move that Rybka thinks in 5
seconds.

Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

Here is a game between Rybka (5 sec / move) and GetClub Easy Level
(20-30 sec / move).

GetClub was getting 4 times more time but since GetClub is 8 times
weaker it could not stand against Rybka Tactics longer.

Easy Level lost the game in 38 moves. that was an improvement. Earlier
Easy Level could stand till just 32 moves against Rybka and we see an
increase of "6" moves due to improvements.

Game Played between Rybka and easy at GetClub.com

Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...740&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (easy)

1. d2-d4{2} d7-d5{0}
2. c2-c4{8} e7-e6{0}
3. e2-e3{14} Ng8-f6{30}
4. Nb1-c3{20} Nb8-c6{26}
5. Ng1-f3{16} Bf8-d6{22}
6. c4-c5{24} Bd6-e7{30}
7. Bf1-d3{20} Ke8-g8{22}
8. Ke1-g1{16} Nf6-g4{20}
9. h2-h3{18} Ng4-f6{26}
10. a2-a3{14} Bc8-d7{32}
11. b2-b4{16} b7-b6{26}
12. b4-b5{18} Nc6-a5{50}
13. c5-c6{14} Bd7-c6{30}
14. b5-c6{12} Na5-c6{32}
15. Qd1-a4{16} Qd8-d6{28}
16. Bc1-d2{24} g7-g6{20}
17. Rf1-c1{30} Ra8-d8{30}
18. Nc3-b5{20} Qd6-d7{22}
19. Qa4-c2{18} Nc6-d4{36}
20. e3-d4{18} c7-c5{28}
21. Nf3-e5{16} Qd7-b7{42}
22. d4-c5{22} Be7-c5{46}
23. Bd2-h6{22} Qb7-a8{40}
24. Qc2-b2{34} Nf6-h5{20}
25. Bh6-f8{18} Rd8-f8{20}
26. Ne5-d7{24} Rf8-c8{78}
27. Qb2-e5{18} Rc8-c6{26}
28. Ra1-b1{24} a7-a6{20}
29. Rc1-c5{14} b6-c5{32}
30. Nb5-d6{12} c5-c4{22}
31. Rb1-b8{14} Qa8-b8{24}
32. Nd7-b8{6} Rc6-b6{34}
33. Nd6-f7{16} Kg8-f7{34}
34. Qe5-c7{12} Kf7-f6{20}
35. Nb8-d7{18} Kf6-g5{20}
36. Qc7-b6{12} c4-d3{46}
37. Qb6-e3{12} Kg5-h4{24}
38. g2-g3{16} Nh5-g3{0}
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...740&game=Chess

Are the Chess players seeing improvement in GetClub Game?

Do you see how good the GetClub defend its king for 38 moves?

It was Easy Level and it was taking 4 times more time than Rybka But
Rybka is 8 times stronger So Rybka had the upper hand.

I think now, Normal Level will be able to DRAW with Rybka very easily.
And may be Normal Level wins against Rybka in some games. I will have
a match against Normal Level if possible and see what happens.

Normal thinks 16 times more than Rybka. But Rybka is Only 8 times
Stronger So Normal Level will have upper hand.

Now on Help Bot will find it much difficult to win the Higher Levels.
Start a new game and see how good it plays now.

Thankyou all for your suggestions, because of which the game is so
much improved.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Here is a game between Rybka (5 sec / move) and GetClub Easy Level
(20-30 sec / move).

GetClub was getting 4 times more time but since GetClub is 8 times
weaker it could not stand against Rybka Tactics longer.

Easy Level lost the game in 38 moves. that was an improvement. Earlier
Easy Level could stand till just 32 moves against Rybka and we see an
increase of "6" moves due to improvements.

Game Played between Rybka and easy at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
[...]

Wow, that means it's rated about 6000 now.

Look out ChessBase, when GetClub is available to consumers, your goose
is cooked.
Old June 17th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Wow, that means it's rated about 6000 now.

The rating is now so high that 32 bit integers do not suffice.

Look out ChessBase, when GetClub is available to consumers, your goose
is cooked.

GitClub scoffs at inferior trash such as Rybka and Shredder. GitClub
doesn't even acknowledge lowlife junk such as Hiarcs and Fritz. They
are mere carrots, nay, even celery or rutabagas.

In viral fashion, the strength of GitClub doubles with every new
posting Sanny pulls out of his butt.
Old June 17th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jun 16, 10:43 pm, "
wrote:

Wow, that means it's rated about 6000 now.

The rating is now so high that 32 bit integers do not suffice.

What about "00000000000000000000000000001600" ?

Look out ChessBase, when GetClub is available to consumers, your goose
is cooked.

GitClub scoffs at inferior trash such as Rybka and Shredder. GitClub
doesn't even acknowledge lowlife junk such as Hiarcs and Fritz. They
are mere carrots, nay, even celery or rutabagas.

In viral fashion, the strength of GitClub doubles with every new
posting Sanny pulls out of his butt.

I just played the Normal level again, as suggested
by Sanny. He will undoubtedly be here tonight, to
brag about how it took me a lot of moves to mop up,
and to announce another of his imaginary two-fold
speed-ups.

A very closed game, nobody made any particular
headway until some pawn exchanges took place
midway through. Then the program hung a pawn
and got itself into a nasty pin, costing it decisive
material. The final third of the game was just a
routine mop-up job. Still, it plays far better than,
say, the Boris Diplomat or the Atari2600 used to.
(Note to Sanny: 2600 was just a model number,
not a chess rating.)

I've been avoiding radically sharp play, in favor
of dull, closed openings; that's because the
program does silly things on its own and I want
to give it maximum leeway to do so, not force it
to find "correct" moves by making direct threats
early on. The down-side is that the games are
rather boring for spectators, and yes, it often
takes me a lot of moves to win.

-- help bot

Old June 17th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

You do realize that you now only get three more "GetClub's strength
has been doubled" posts before you're engine is supposed to be equal
to Rybka, right?

Three more....

Actually, I think that if anybody did the math on the absolutely
ludicrous improvements that Sanny has claimed, that GetClub was
originally about 148,000 times weaker than Rybka.

jm

Old June 17th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 17, 8:34*am, wrote:
On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

StillGetClubis just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

You do realize that you now only get three more "GetClub'sstrength
has been doubled" posts before you're engine is supposed to be equal
to Rybka, right?

Three more....

Actually, I think that if anybody did the math on the absolutely
ludicrous improvements that Sanny has claimed, thatGetClubwas
originally about 148,000 times weaker than Rybka.

jm

Yes, 2 years Back GetClub was atleast 100,000 times weaker than Rybka.
I remember Beginner Level taking 2 hours for a move while now it plays
much stronger move in just 5 seconds.

Now, It is very difficult to improve the game further. So I do not
think GetClub can get Equal to Rybka easily. Now, I have stopped
improving the game as it is very difficult to improve it further.

Rybka is still 10-20 times Stronger than GetClub. But the comparision
is not correct Since Rybka is running on a server and GetClub on a Old
System.

If anyone has Rybka Play a game and tell me how good Normal Level
plays against Rybka.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 17th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

* I've been avoiding radically sharp play, in favor
of dull, closed openings; that's because the
program does silly things on its own and I want
to give it maximum leeway to do so, not force it
to find "correct" moves by making direct threats
early on. *The down-side is that the games are
rather boring for spectators, and yes, it often
takes me a lot of moves to win.

Yes, I saw you won Normal Level in 70 Moves. So Master will be too
heavy for you.

Remember again: Never play with Advance Level unless you can deveote 6
hours dor a few moves.

Master will play in 10-20 min and Maximum 1.5 hours if earth is
falling. But never greater than that.

Each Higher Level takes 4 times more time than Lower Level and its
depth of search is usually 2 more than the lower one.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 17th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Master will play in 10-20 min and Maximum 1.5 hours if earth is
falling. But never greater than that.

That comment just makes me laugh. Mast Level has just taken well over
6000 seconds to make a move and seems to take over an hour for a lot of
the moves. And even then it makes dreadful tactical mistakes. Really,
the computer should just forfeit the game if it can't keep to the time
limit.
Old June 17th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jun 17, 7:52*pm, Bjoern wrote:
Sanny wrote:
Master will play in 10-20 min and Maximum 1.5 hours if earth is
falling. But never greater than that.

That comment just makes me laugh. Mast Level has just taken well over
6000 seconds to make a move and seems to take over an hour for a lot of
the moves. And even then it makes dreadful tactical mistakes. Really,
the computer should just forfeit the game if it can't keep to the time
limit.

If it is taking more than 1.5 hours Close the Browser and restart the
game. I think there is some error. Else It will always play in 1.5
hour as after that Computer is forced to make the best move even if it
gives out a Rook/Queen.

Restart and see it plays faster or not.

Normally Master Level will play in 10-20 min. Only Once in a game it
will take more than an hour.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 17th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 17, 4:35*am, Sanny wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:34*am, wrote:

On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html- Hide quoted text -

I saw you say in two different posts that GetClub was now only 8 times
weaker than Rybka. You were very specific about that number. But now
you say that it is 10-20 times weaker AND that number is not correct?
Then what's the point of comparing specifically against Rybka?

Sanny, I strongly suggest to you that you just worry about improving
your engine in and of itself, and let other people make the
comparisons to other engines. You clearly have no idea how weak your
engine is.

jm