Old July 5th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub will play like Human Beings.

Now, you play at GetClub you will feel as if playing against an Human
Opponent.

It will make a few moves quickly while think longer on harder moves.

So you will not have to wait longer in simple positions and in hard
position GetClub will think longer to give best move possible.

This way GetClubs overall Strength has increased a bit. As in simple
cases long analysis is not reqired. Like when Exchanging pieces.

Now, Easy Level will play much stronger game and I have not found Help
Bot playing against it recently.

Help Bot tell me how you feel about the new improvements. Have a game
with Easy Level and see how you face it.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 6th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Even Easy Level will win you !!!

Today again improvement was done. So now Help Bot will not be able to
win against Easy Level which will play Twice stronger moves now.

If you have problem in downloading Java Applet let me know it. I will
remove a few modifications to have it playable.

A new thing was done to improve GetClub Chess So it is not working on
some browsers.

After a correction I tested on Firefox and Internet Explorer It is
working fine on my computer.

Let me know if someone is unable to play the game.

Today I played a game against Rybka.

Rybka was able to get advance its pawns and get 2 Queen and win the
game.

GetClub is now only 8 times weaker than Rybka. Earlier it was 16 times
weaker.

New Ratings to all Levels.

Beginner: 2100+
Easy: 2200+
Normal: 2300+
Master: 2400+

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

So you will get a great Challenge even by the Beginner Level.

Game Played between Rybka and easy at GetClub.com

Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...721&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (easy)

1. e2-e4{4} e7-e5{0}
2. Ng1-f3{14} Nb8-c6{0}
3. Bf1-b5{18} a7-a6{0}
4. Bb5-a4{14} d7-d6{0}
5. Ke1-g1{18} Bc8-e6{96}
6. Nb1-c3{18} b7-b5{60}
7. Ba4-b3{20} Be6-b3{64}
8. c2-b3{14} Nc6-d4{78}
9. Nf3-d4{22} e5-d4{40}
10. Nc3-d5{8} Ng8-f6{108}
11. Rf1-e1{26} Nf6-d5{54}
12. e4-d5{34} Bf8-e7{32}
13. a2-a4{22} Ke8-g8{26}
14. a4-b5{32} Rf8-e8{122}
15. b5-a6{32} Be7-h4{180}
16. g2-g3{56} Re8-e1{64}
17. Qd1-e1{16} Qd8-e7{44}
18. Qe1-e7{20} Bh4-e7{30}
19. Kg1-f1{82} Ra8-a7{42}
20. Kf1-e2{26} c7-c5{22}
21. d5-c6{38} Be7-d8{92}
22. Ke2-d3{20} Bd8-b6{30}
23. b3-b4{22} f7-f6{84}
24. b2-b3{22} h7-h6{60}
25. Bc1-b2{34} h6-h5{276}
26. Bb2-d4{28} Bb6-d4{42}
27. Kd3-d4{6} f6-f5{88}
28. b4-b5{20} Ra7-a8{144}
29. b5-b6{58} Ra8-e8{140}
30. a6-a7{36} Kg8-f7{46}
31. b6-b7{38} Re8-e4{60}
32. Kd4-c3{26} Re4-e8{162}
33. Qa7-a8{Q}{22} f5-f4{178}
34. Qa8-e8{56} Kf7-e8{38}
35. Qb7-b8{Q}{24} Ke8-f7{34}
36. c6-c7{82} f4-g3{0}
37. Qc7-c8{Q}{18} g7-g6{80}
38. Qc8-f8{18} Kf7-f8{0}
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...721&game=Chess

So, do you see the improvements in GetClub Chess. Is there any further
improvement you are looking for?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Old July 6th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Sanny's Delusions of Grandeur (was: Even Easy Level will win you !!!)

On Jul 6, 5:23*am, Sanny wrote:

GetClub is now only 8 times weaker than Rybka. Earlier it was 16 times
weaker.

New Ratings to all Levels.

Beginner: 2100+
Easy: 2200+
Normal: 2300+
Master: 2400+

Has anyone bothered to look at the actual results for GetClub's
various levels, as posted by Sanny himself:

Advanced: +2 -51
Master: +18 -300
Normal: +14 -270

Overall, Sanny's top 3 levels lose about 94.5% of the time.
According to the Percentage Expectancy Table on page 31 of Elo's "The
Rating of Chessplayers," that means that GetClub's Elo rating is
somewhere around 433 to 484 Elo points *_below_* its average
opposition. For his program to be truly at master strength (at least
2200) its opponents would have to be rated on average at least 2633,
i.e. strong FIDE GM level. For it to be 2400, it could only have
played Gary Kasparov in his prime.
Obviously GetClub's opponents have not been world-class GMs -- they
have been the ordinary schmoes who post here, the strongest of whom
are probably no more than 2200 themselves, and who on average are
probably closer to 1800 or even 1600, which is about the average adult
level.
Therefore, I would say a more reasonable estimate of GetClub's
strength is closer to Elo 1400, at best.
Old July 6th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

GetClubis now only 8 times weaker than Rybka. Earlier it was 16 times
weaker.

New Ratings to all Levels.

Beginner: 2100+
Easy: 2200+
Normal: 2300+
Master: 2400+

Yes +/- 100.

* Has anyone bothered to look at the actual results forGetClub's
various levels, as posted by Sanny himself:

* Advanced: +2 -51
* Master: +18 -300
* Normal: +14 -270

Actually thats because Zebediah uses Computer to berat all higher
levels.

Fortunately he do not play Beginner & Easy Levels.

So

Easy: Won: 114, Lost: 355
Beginner: Won: 404, Lost: 790

Out of 790 games Beginner lost 386 games. Most of them are when the
Program was new. If you search back you will find 90% of the games
plated against Beginner by weak players are won by Beginner Level.

You can see lower levels has scored higher than Top levels.

The reasion is weak players play with lower levels and keep loosing.
And people using Computer keep beating the top levels.

So to adjust this I have given each level rating based on strength
instead of number of lost/ win.

I remember 1 year back Zebediah made Master Level: 300 Rating. While
Beginner was having 1100 Rating.

Help Bot complained me that lower levels are getting higher rating So
he do not play with Higher Levels.

For real Comparision.

I played 3 games against IVAN rated 1800+ and GetClub easily defeated
IVAN So I guessed the correct rating.

* Overall, Sanny's top 3 levels lose about 94.5% of the time.
According to the Percentage Expectancy Table on page 31 of Elo's "The

If World Champion plays 2200+ player 100 times and win all the times
Will you say that 2200+ rated player is having a rating of 400?

Zebediah is using 2900+ rated program against higher levels and
winning all the games So it is very difficult to assess correct rating
based on that.

Rating of Chessplayers," that means thatGetClub'sElo rating is
somewhere around 433 to 484 Elo points *_below_* its average
opposition. For his program to be truly at master strength (at least
2200) its opponents would have to be rated on average at least 2633,

People using Fritz/ Rybka are actually 3000+ rated. and they keep
using Computer to win all the games.

There is no way to find out what the opponent is using while playing
the game.

I myself has beaten Normal Level 10 times using help of Rybka. But
when I play with Beginner Level I get lost in just 30 moves.

So people use brains only when playing with Beginner & Easy Levels.
While those playing with Normal/ Master take help of other Commercial
programs rated 3000+.

* Therefore, I would say a more reasonable estimate ofGetClub's
strength is closer to Elo 1400, at best.

I would have agreed But GetClub Easy Level has beaten IVAN with 1800+
rating 3 times. So Beginner Level is atleast 2100+ as the game has
been improved 5 times by then.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 6th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
SBD SBD is offline

On Jul 6, 10:39 am, Sanny wrote:

If World Champion plays 2200+ player 100 times and win all the times
Will you say that 2200+ rated player is having a rating of 400?

You don't understand the least thing about ratings. Please quit making
claims until you have at least read a damn book.

Old July 6th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On 5 Lug, 11:10, Sanny wrote:
Now, you play at GetClub you will feel as if playing against an Human
Opponent.

I think this last point has some validity.

It was with great trepidation that I sat down to play my first game at
GetClub this afternoon, seeing the legendary status that it has
acquired in this corner of the net.

Imagine my joy when I swept " Beginner " away in around 30 moves !
I then settled to a much harder challenge, " Easy " . Unfortunately,
after having to re enter the site a few times, I decided to give up
when the GetClub decided to freeze my entire PC as opposed to only the
web page. Easy was faring rather better, maybe cause I took Black and
played a Caro - Kann just to see how it would deal with it, but I must
say it was painfully slow.

I would say Beginner's rating is in the 1300 area, but one way in
which it is considerably better than commercial programs which
artificially handicap themselves, with the result that they play
perfectly reasonable moves for a while before hanging a piece, as
opposed to GetClub which will never hang a piece deliberately,
contenting itself to playing considerably inferior moves positionally,
allowing its opponent to actually win by actively exploiting inferior
moves, rather than just take the point that is being handed him/her
like the better programs do.
I would say GetClub makes a good sparring partner for anyone up to
1400.
However, I am slightly puzzled as to the means by which Sanny
estimates his program's ratings.
Old July 6th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jul 6, 2:05*pm, "Alessandro J." wrote:

However, I am slightly puzzled as to the means by which Sanny
estimates his program's ratings.

It's called imagination.

Old July 6th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Alessandro J. wrote:
On 5 Lug, 11:10, Sanny wrote:
Now, you play at GetClub you will feel as if playing against an Human
Opponent.

snip

I would say GetClub makes a good sparring partner for anyone up to
1400.
However, I am slightly puzzled as to the means by which Sanny
estimates his program's ratings.

Apparently Sanny's rating system is based on the old P T Barnum
observation that "there is a sucker born every minute..."

People that enjoy collecting bent bottle caps and knitting cobwebs will
probably enjoy GetClub.
--

"Do that which is right..."

Rev. J.D. Walker
Old July 6th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

A new thing was done to improve GetClub Chess So it is not working on
some browsers.

This is actually a correct statement. The program was improved so it
would not work on Firefox, thereby saving the time of people foolish
enough to bother with GitClub.

But being foolish enough, I gave it another try, and the applet loads
this time (on Firefox). I took Black. Sanny's program opened with
1.b3 (!) and announced that it had just played Rh1. After 1. ... e5
2. Bb2 it then announced that it had just played ... Rh1. At that
point, I resigned. Who can possibly defeat such an advanced program?

GitClub maybe the world's strongest carrot, but there are still some
bugs to work out.

New Ratings to all Levels.

Beginner: 2100+
Easy: 2200+
Normal: 2300+
Master: 2400+

In whose dreams? Sanny refuses to do anything but pull ratings out of
his butt. How about a real test on FICS or ICC, Sanny-boy?
Old July 6th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On 6 Lug, 21:44, wrote:
On Jul 6, 2:05*pm, "Alessandro J." wrote:

However, I am slightly puzzled as to the means by which Sanny
estimates his program's ratings.

* It's called imagination.

Quite a vivid one, admittedly.
Not surprising, considering the rest of the web site.
Kudos really, It's starting to look more and more like that " MI5 is
watching me " cross-poster.