Old August 6th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Please Analyze this game between Beginner Level & Jester

GetClub was unable to draw this game against Jester. It went down
pawns and in the end It gave 2 pawns for no reasion. Was there a way
to save those pawns? Or they could not be defended.

Game Played between Jester and beginner at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...295&game=Chess
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{10} c7-c6{0}
2. d2-d4{6} d7-d5{0}
3. e4-d5{10} c6-d5{0}
4. c2-c4{8} Ng8-f6{0}
5. Nb1-c3{12} Nb8-c6{52}
6. Bc1-g5{10} d5-c4{40}
7. Bf1-c4{28} Qd8-d4{18}
8. Qd1-d4{22} Nc6-d4{12}
9. Ke1-c1{10} e7-e5{24}
10. Ng1-f3{24} Bc8-g4{26}
11. Bc4-f7{20} Ke8-f7{52}
12. Nf3-e5{4} Kf7-g8{24}
13. Rd1-d4{24} Bg4-e6{8}
14. Bg5-f6{20} g7-f6{8}
15. Ne5-d7{24} Be6-d7{28}
16. Rd4-d7{22} Ra8-e8{10}
17. Rd7-b7{20} Bf8-g7{20}
18. Rb7-a7{20} f6-f5{16}
19. Rh1-d1{18} Bg7-c3{20}
20. b2-c3{32} h7-h6{0}
21. Rd1-d7{22} Re8-c8{20}
22. Rd7-g7{20} Kg8-f8{0}
23. Kc1-c2{18} Rc8-c5{6}
24. Rg7-b7{20} Rc5-c8{10}
25. Ra7-a5{22} f5-f4{8}
26. Ra5-f5{18} Kf8-g8{16}
27. Rf5-f4{18} Rh8-h7{6}
28. Rf4-g4{18} Kg8-h8{6}
29. Rb7-h7{20} Kh8-h7{6}
30. a2-a4{26} Rc8-c5{10}
31. Kc2-d3{18} Rc5-f5{16}
32. f2-f3{18} h6-h5{24}
33. Rg4-b4{18} Kh7-g6{12}
34. Rb4-b6{20} Kg6-h7{12}
35. Rb6-b5{20} Rf5-f4{10}
36. Rb5-h5{20} Kh7-g6{14}
37. Rh5-a5{22} Rf4-f6{8}
38. c3-c4{28} Rf6-f7{18}
39. h2-h4{18} Rf7-h7{6}
40. g2-g4{22} Rh7-h4{6}
41. Ra5-h5{22} Rh4-h5{24}
42. g4-h5{18} Kg6-f6{8}
43. a4-a5{20} Kf6-f5{10}
44. a5-a6{22} Kf5-g5{26}
45. c4-c5{24} Kg5-f4{22}
46. a6-a7{18} Kf4-f5{10}
47. Qa7-a8{Q}{26} Kf5-e6{18}
48. h5-h6{16} Ke6-f5{50}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...295&game=Chess

Please tell me the wrong moves in the above game along with the
correct move that could have saved GetClub.

Bye
Sanny

Old August 6th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

I might be more inclined to analyze your games if you actually used
standard PGN instead of this quasi-long algebraic notation. I have to
enter every move in by hand, and I just can't be bothered.

Get your system to create game output in PGN, like every other program
out there.

jm
Old August 7th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Aug 6, 2:27*pm, Martin Brown
I might be more inclined to analyze your games if you actually used
standard PGN instead of this quasi-long algebraic notation. I have to
enter every move in by hand, and I just can't be bothered.

Get your system to create game output in PGN, like every other program
out there.

In ChessBase software at least you can cut & paste the game in longform
notation from move 1. until the first time a pawn reaches the 8th rank
and after that the moves are nonsense.

I'd be surprised if Arena was any less catholic in what it will accept
(but I have never used it).

I agree it would be much better if he fixed the Getclube headers *and*
used correct notation for captures and promotions (more for reading
games manually). The program appears to be regressing pretty badly based
on that recent game in the other thread.

Whipped like a carrot by a nominal 1650 toy chess computer. And the game
posted there had correct valid PGN format just for a change.

Regards,
Martin Brown
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Really? Chessbase accepts "Ke1-c1" for castling?? Wow.

Chessmaster used to be pretty forgiving, too, but now it only accepts
legal PGN.

jm
Old August 7th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

* (23:27) schrieb:

I'd be surprised if Arena was any less catholic in what it will accept
(but I have never used it).

Yes, when I tried once Arena accepted Sanny's LAN style as PGN after I
added the black and white tags.

mfg, simon .... l

Old August 7th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
On Aug 6, 2:27 pm, Martin Brown
[...]

Yes. It is amazingly tolerant of malformed PGN.
Getclubs gratuitously broken headers are annoying though and could be
so easily fixed (ditto for the O-O and O-O-O special cases).

It isn't rocket science to add "[" "]" around the relevant fields and
adjust them to match the published specification. Too difficult for Sanny's

Chessmaster used to be pretty forgiving, too, but now it only accepts
legal PGN.

That isn't progress
I find their copyright nagware far too intrusive to use it much.

Programs should always attempt to make the best they can of
syntactically unambiguous input even if it isn't in the preferred
canonical form.

Regards,
Martin Brown
** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **
Old August 7th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Game Animation

View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...295&game=Chess

You can see the game at above link.

Bye
Sanny

Old August 7th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Chessmaster used to be pretty forgiving, too, but now it only accepts
legal PGN.

That isn't progress
I find their copyright nagware far too intrusive to use it much.

Programs should always attempt to make the best they can of
syntactically unambiguous input even if it isn't in the preferred
canonical form.

Regards,
Martin Brown
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**- Hide quoted text -

Well, the feature in CM was changed to read "Paste PGN", so it
certainly wasn't hidden, but I can understand your viewpoint. And, to
clarify, it will also accept a standard PGN move list without any
headers, which is a small point in its favor. :-)

jm
Old August 9th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Aug 7, 9:38 am, Sanny wrote:
View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...295&game=Chess

You can see the game at above link.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Sanny, if you want people to help you, you are going to have to help
us. Provide me a list of moves in PGN format and I'll run it through
Rybka for you.

Ryan