Old November 4th 09, 08:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Another "kurnik" encounter

I am not going to type it in, ok Micky?
Instead, and much more conveniently,
if anybody cares, one may click on:

http://www.kurnik.pl/prze.phtml?gid=...95422161&app=1

or http://tinyurl.com/ylpyzrn for short

Enjoy or ignore,

Wlod
Old November 4th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

WTF is this post supposed to mean Wlodo ?

The links you give are total crapola @ least on my system they aro
(Navigator series3, circa 15yrs old {gold-stamp} as I tire myself to
point out)... Do you mean "kursk" the submarine ? "kursk" the famous WW
2 crushment of nazi panzers by chortling T34's ? ...

"kursnik" - bah !

m.

=====

Old November 5th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On 4 Nov, 08:40, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)"
wrote:
I am not going to type it in, ok Micky?
Instead, and much more conveniently,
if anybody cares, one may click on:

http://www.kurnik.pl/prze.phtml?gid=...95422161&app=1

White tried to regain his pawns on the queen side and lost a knight.
Old November 5th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Nov 4, 10:05*am, madams wrote:
WTF is this post supposed to mean Wlodo ?

The links you give are total crapola @ least on my system they aro
(Navigator series3, circa 15yrs old {gold-stamp} as I tire myself to
point out)... Do you mean "kursk" the submarine ? "kursk" the famous WW
2 crushment of nazi panzers by chortling T34's ? ...

"kursnik" - bah !

m.

You're soooo modern. I guess, I'll type in the game
after all, together with a couple of q's. Being a tinge
vain, I am also curious if this game was any good.
Somehow I am not able to judge, except that for the
present state of my game it was.

Best regards,

Wlod
Old November 5th 09, 06:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

wrote:
I am not going to type it in, ok Micky?
Instead, and much more conveniently,
if anybody cares, one may click on:

http://www.kurnik.pl/prze.phtml?gid=...95422161&app=1

White tried to regain his pawns on the queen side and lost a knight.

I'd say that actually white lost the entire game due to
that pawn capture. It was perhaps an error except that
most likely white was already busted, with two pawns
down and not much of any compensation. When I decided
on winning black pawns (rather than solidly exchanging
my knight for black's bishop) I was a bit worried
about the weaknesses of my backward pawns, I was not
sure that I will be able to handle the situation despite
the objective advantage. I decided on it anyway because
it was still my best chance to win. Luckily for me the
rest of the game went relatively smoothly for me.

Regards,

Wlod

Old November 5th 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Nov 4, 12:40*am, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)"
wrote:

http://www.kurnik.pl/prze.phtml?gid=...95422161&app=1

or * * *http://tinyurl.com/ylpyzrn* * *for short

Here's the score (e8e9 = wlod; it was Polish "Time",
i.e. it was 5:33:31 a.m. at my place):

[Site "kurnik"]
[Date "2009.11.02"]
[White xxx]
[Black "e8e9"]
[Result "0-1"]
[Time "14:33:31"]
[TimeControl "1200+10"]
[WhiteElo "1618"]
[BlackElo "1489"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bb5+ Bd7 4. Bxd7+ Qxd7
5. d4 cxd4 6. Nxd4 Nc6 7. c3 Rc8 8. O-O a6
9. Be3 Nf6 10. Nd2 g6 11. f3 Bg7 12. Kh1 O-O
13. N2b3 Ne5 14. Qe2 Nc4 15. Rad1 e5 16. Nc2 Nxb2
17. Rb1 Na4 18. Bd2 Nxc3 19. Bxc3 Rxc3 20. Rfd1 Rfc8
21. Ne3 Bh6 22. Rd3 Rxd3 23. Qxd3 Bxe3 24. Qxe3 Kg7
25. h3 Qa4 26. Qd2 Rc6 27. Qa5 Qc4 28. Nd2 Qe2
29. Rxb7 Rc2 30. Qb6 Qxd2 0-1

I'm keeping above clean (for the picky-micky),
and will insert my q's in the next post.

Regards,

Wlod
Old November 5th 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

[Site "kurnik"]
[Date "2009.11.02"]
[White xxx]
[Black "e8e9"]
[Result "0-1"]
[Time "14:33:31"]
[TimeControl "1200+10"]
[WhiteElo "1618"]
[BlackElo "1489"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bb5+ Bd7 4. Bxd7+ Qxd7
5. d4 cxd4 6. Nxd4 Nc6 7. c3 Rc8

Is move 7... Rc8 still good after 7.c3?
If after 8.O-O Nxd4 then 9.Qxd4, and
my Rc8 still faces the obnoxious c3 pawn.
However, as it was in my game, this rook
on its classical c8 square turned out to
be very useful.

8. O-O a6

Was routine 8... a6 useless, hence an error?
In my game this move looks like a waste of time.
However, if I didn't play it, would there white
be able to take a significant advantage of
square b5 - would Nd4-b5 would be a potential
threat? Move 8... a6 prevents it, and also
starts eventual future minority attack (which
never happened in this game).

9. Be3 Nf6 10. Nd2

Now I had a chance to play 10... Ng4. Should I?
Somehow I have overlooked this possibility
despite playing a similar move in other
games to a good effect.

10... g6 11. f3 Bg7 12. Kh1 O-O
13. N2b3 Ne5

White has more space hence white avoids exchanges.
But my knight is dangerously active.

14. Qe2 Nc4 15. Rad1

Now I win 2 pawns, which is a lot.
And still, would 15... Nxe3 be better?
Would it give black a significant
advantage (regardless of the comparison
with the move played in the game)?
I must say that I did hesitate here
for a while. Ultimately, I decided that
if you're afraid of wolves then you should
not go to the forest, and I went after the
pawns.

15... e5 16. Nc2 Nxb2
17. Rb1 Na4 18. Bd2 Nxc3 19. Bxc3 Rxc3

I had exchanged my knight for the white's bishop
anyway, thus justifying my decision in the game
at least.

20. Rfd1 Rfc8 21. Ne3 Bh6

Aggression, aggression, ... - that's what forces
exchanges of pieces. Otherwise the side short
of material would keep things complex hence
tricky. If now white knight goes away then it
may get exchanged anyway (if Nd5 or Ng4) and
in any case (also after Nf1) white loses another
pawn after black's Rc3-c2, and the white's
position is awful due to the Rc2:a2 followed
by Rc8-c2 (or am I missing something?).

22. Rd3 Rxd3 23. Qxd3 Bxe3 24. Qxe3 Kg7

I didn't want to worry about Qe3-h6 followed
by a maneuver Nb3-c1-e2-g1-h3-g5 and h2-h4-h5.
It's all vague, and most likely my move was
weak, was a waste of time.

25. h3 Qa4 26. Qd2 Rc6 27. Qa5 Qc4 28. Nd2 Qe2
29. Rxb7 ?? Rc2

Curtains. The game is over.

30. Qb6 Qxd2 0-1

Regards,