Old February 5th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Greco defense

After this opening, I think black might have a good position because
white's king is on e2.

1.e4 e5

2.Nf3 Qf6

3.Nc3 Nc6

4.Nd5 Qd6

5.c4 Nf6

6.c5 Qxc5

7.Nxc7 Kd8

8.Nxa8 Nb4

9.d4 Nc2

10.Ke2 pxd4

11.Ng5

4.Nd5 might not be the best move for white against the Greco defense.

4.Bc4 might be better.
Old February 7th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

If white plays 4.Bc4, then I'm not sure where to play next for black.
I tried Qd6, and then after Nb5, moved the queen to b4.

1.e4 e5

2.Nf3 Qf6

3.Nc3 Nc6

4.Bc4 Qd6

5.Nb5 Qb4

6.Nxc7 Kd7

white can either take the rook on a8, or attack the queen on b4.
black can take the bishop on c4. Not sure if black or white is better
in this position.