Old April 16th 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Get club lost my game

About three days into a game vs advance level, I came back to my pc to
find the GetClub interface was a black square. I reloaded, hoping to
get the game back, but was made to start a new one.

Sanny please see if you can reinstate my game, and let me know by
email if you manage to sort it.
Please also see if you can fix the issue that caused this.
I don't want to play low levels at getclub because its too easy. Now
I don't want to play on high levels because I risk the game vanishing.

Phil.
Old April 17th 10, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
Banned

On Apr 16, 8:14*pm, Phil wrote:
About three days into a game vs advance level, I came back to my pc to
find theGetClubinterface was a black square. *I reloaded, hoping to
get the game back, but was made to start a new one.

Sanny please see if you can reinstate my game, and let me know by
email if you manage to sort it.
Please also see if you can fix the issue that caused this.
I don't want to play low levels atgetclubbecause its too easy. *Now
I don't want to play on high levels because I risk the game vanishing.

Phil.

I personally deleted old games yesterday. I usually delete old games
that people are unable to finish.

And Since most games with "Advance Level" takes lot of time, I deleted
your game.

Please replay your game. I will not delete it if you are able to
finish the game within a week.

If your game with Advance Level had gone into climax let me know it, I
will try to reset the game in a day or two.

Please play with Master Level, Master Level you can finish a game in 2
days.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 18th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc

On 16 Apr, 16:14, Phil wrote:

About three days into a game vs advance level, I came back to my pc to
find the GetClub interface was a black square.

If you were only three days into the game it shouldn't be hard to
recreate. How many moves had you played? 5? 6?
Old April 18th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc

On Apr 18, 12:44*pm, Offramp wrote:
On 16 Apr, 16:14, Phil wrote:

About three days into a game vs advance level,

I came back to my pc to
find the GetClub interface was a black square.

If you were only three days into the game
it shouldn't be hard to recreate.

Indeed, Phil's chess computer or program can do it,
no sweat.

How many moves had you played? 5? 6?

But can GetClub recreate them? - that is the question.

Wlod

Old April 18th 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc

On 16 Apr, 16:14, Phil wrote:

About three days into a game vs advance level,

I came back to my pc to
find the GetClub interface was a black square.

If you were only three days into the game
it shouldn't be hard to recreate.

Indeed, Phil's chess computer or program can do it,
no sweat.

How many moves had you played? 5? 6?

But can GetClub recreate them? - that is the question.

Probably not; it has a hard enough time creating them in the first
place.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfajohnson.com
Author: =======================

Old April 29th 10, 10:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc

On 16 Apr, 16:14, Phil wrote:

About three days into a game vs advance level,
I came back to my pc to
find the GetClub interface was a black square.

If you were only three days into the game
it shouldn't be hard to recreate.

Indeed, Phil's chess computer or program can do it,
no sweat.

How many moves had you played? 5? 6?

But can GetClub recreate them? - that is the question.

* *Probably not; it has a hard enough time creating them in the first
* *place.

--
* *Chris F.A. Johnson * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://cfajohnson.com
* *Author: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * =======================
* *Pro Bash Programming: Scripting the GNU/Linux Shell (2009, Apress)
* *Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)

I originaly reported this issue as I thought it was a bug. Now that
I've discovered that its actually a customer service issue I'm not
going to spend any more time with GetClub. I see that Sanny has
another thread complaining that noone is using GetClub. This is why
I'm steering clear. I am not willing to invest the kind of time
GetClub needs for a game under the threat of Sanny deleting my games
in progress.

Phil.
Old April 29th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc

On Apr 29, 5:32*am, Phil wrote:

I originaly reported this issue as I thought it was a bug. *Now that
I've discovered that its actually a customer service issue I'm not
going to spend any more time with GetClub. *I see that Sanny has
another thread complaining that noone is using GetClub. *This is why
I'm steering clear. *I am not willing to invest the kind of time
GetClub needs for a game under the threat of Sanny deleting my games
in progress.

You're not the only one to experience such problems. Some months
ago, the GetClub program played a blunder against me. I played the
winning move the blunder allowed, whereupon GC ceased to function.
Later, when I went back to try to finish the game, I found that Sanny
had taken the blunder back! He decided GC's move wasn't what it really
wanted to do, and so changed it. I haven't played there since.
This sort of dishonesty is endemic in Sanny. He continually lies
about how great GC is, publishing absurdly high estimates of its Elo
strength. After GC has absorbed any number of crushing defeats, he
claims to have a "New & Improved!" version that is invincible. This
new version then proceeds to lose again, and the cycle repeats. He
does all this over and over not because GC is making any real
progress, but simply because he gets money for each hit on his web-
site.
But people have finally gotten wise to his cry-wolf and bait-and-
switch hype, and are no longer wasting their time with his site.
Old May 1st 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Banned

* You're not the only one to experience such problems. Some months
ago, the GetClub program played a blunder against me. I played the
winning move the blunder allowed, whereupon GC ceased to function.
Later, when I went back to try to finish the game, I found that Sanny
had taken the blunder back! He decided GC's move wasn't what it really
wanted to do, and so changed it. I haven't played there since.

Arround 6,200 games have been played at GetClub.

Only 5-10 games get such problems.

So only 1 in 500 games really get such problems.

I deleted Mr-Phil game as it was against Advance Level [4-5 hours/
move]. Many times people start games with Advance Level and since
Advance level thinks 4-5 hours/ move. Most players are unable to
complete the game.

Secondly when a player is unable to finish a game within a week time.
I remove old games So that the player can start a new game.

Players are unable to finish game because of Below reasions.

1. Playing with Higher Level which has lots of thinking time.

2. Unable to Draw a game

3. Program Error/ Bug

Its a weekly schedule to remove old games [longer than a week] and to
remove games with Advance Levels, As a few players are unable to
complete games with Advance Level as it takes a lot of time.

However, If a player requests me, I can reset the game as per his
needs. Incase Mr-Phil is consistent to play his old game please send
me below information.

1. Your pieces Black/ White against Advance Level.

2. Approx Date when game was played.

3. First 3-4 moves played

4. Approx Num of moves the game has been played.

This will help me in resetting the game.

I am always here to help you out.

Bye
Sanny