Old June 10th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Scandinavian Defense. King attack. What move should black play next?

In this opening black might have good attacking chances against the
white king. The computer likes to play

9... Qb6+, but I'm not sure that is the best move for black.

1.e4 d5

2.exd5 Nf6

3.c4 Bg4

4.Qb3 c6

5.Qxb7 e5

6.Qxa8 Bc5

7.h3 Bxf2+

8.Kxf2 Ne4+

9.Ke3 Qb6+

10.Kd3
Old June 11th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jun 10, 12:13*am, greg wrote:
In this opening black might have good attacking chances against the
white king. The computer likes to play

9... Qb6+, but I'm not sure that is the *best move for black.

1.e4 d5

2.exd5 *Nf6

3.c4 * * Bg4

4.Qb3 * c6

5.Qxb7 * e5

6.Qxa8 * Bc5

7.h3 * * Bxf2+

8.Kxf2 * * Ne4+

9.Ke3 * * Qb6+

10.Kd3

Here is another way to play if white plays Be2 on move 4. It is
similar to the other game because black attacks the king.

1.e4. d5

2.exd5 Nf6

3.c4 Bg4

4.Be2 Bf5

5.Qb3 c6

6.Qxb7 e5

7.Qxa8 Ne4

8.g4 Nxf2

9.Kxf2 Bc5+

10.Kg2 O-O

11.Nc3 Qh4

12.d4 Bxd4

13. gxf5 Qf2+

14.Kh3 Qf5+

15.Kg3 Qf2+

16.Kg4 Qg2+

17.Kh5 Bxg1

18.Qxc6 Qh3+

19.Kg5 f6+

20.Qxf6 gxf6# checkmate
Old June 11th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jun 10, 8:28*pm, greg wrote:
On Jun 10, 12:13*am, greg wrote:

[...]

Here's another game.

1.e4 d5