Old June 26th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Another rook-pawn endgame with magic squares

8/7p/8/7k/2K4P/8/8/8 w - - 0 41

From the above position, reached from a blitz game I won (naturally),
find the ONE move that draws. All other moves are mate in 44 says
Fritz.

Naturally my opponent did not pick that one move. As we all know, if
the opponent can reach the corner in a rook pawn endgame, it's a draw--
but how to do that?

RL
Old June 26th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
sd sd is offline

On Jun 26, 4:02*pm, raylopez99 wrote:
8/7p/8/7k/2K4P/8/8/8 w - - 0 41

From the above position, reached from a blitz game I won (naturally),
find the ONE move that draws. *All other moves are mate in 44 says
Fritz.

Naturally my opponent did not pick that one move. *As we all know, if
the opponent can reach the corner in a rook pawn endgame, it's a draw--
but how to do that?

RL

Fritz is full of **** then as are you.

It's mate a lot faster than 44 moves if he doesn't play the natural 1.
Kd3:

http://www.shredderchess.com/online-...database..html

Are you really seriously selling yourself as this grand chess expert
without even knowing about tablebases? Hey I read in another thread
that you "support chess" by buying a chess magazine! Wow, what a
philanthropist you are!

SBD
Old June 27th 10, 11:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

http://www.shredderchess.com/online-...ses/endgame-da...

Are you really seriously selling yourself as this grand chess expert
without even knowing about tablebases? Hey I read in another thread
that you "support chess" by buying a chess magazine! Wow, what a
philanthropist you are!

SBD

Well that's what Fritz said...then, as the game progressed, moves to
mate when down.

Thanks for your input.

RL
Old June 27th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
sd sd is offline

On Jun 27, 5:02*am, raylopez99 wrote:
On Jun 27, 12:29*am, sd wrote:

Fritz is full of **** then as are you.

It's mate a lot faster than 44 moves if he doesn't play the natural 1.
Kd3:

http://www.shredderchess.com/online-...ses/endgame-da...

Are you really seriously selling yourself as this grand chess expert
without even knowing about tablebases? Hey I read in another thread
that you "support chess" by buying a chess magazine! Wow, what a
philanthropist you are!

SBD

Well that's what Fritz said...then, as the game progressed, moves to
mate when down.

Thanks for your input.

RL

The distance to mate calculations in Fritz in those kinds of positions
are notoriously unreliable.

SBD