Old July 4th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default My best game so far: I swear it

On 4 July, 20:15, "Andrew B." wrote:
On 3 July, 23:42, raylopez99 wrote:

On Jul 4, 1:02*am, The Master wrote:
*gs but never before, leadby.

* If you will play a few games of serious chess, then I will be happy
analyse your best games. *Blitz is not serious chess my boy. *There
simply isn't time for deep and subtle analysis, and as with all
things
shallow, hardly worth wasting time on. * I recently played some blitz
chess myself and believe you me, those games are not exactly the
stuff of legend. In one of these games my opponent actually survived
in spite of playing the Caro-Kann defence, and as the enthralled
spectators watched I was forced to display my endgame skills and
blinding speed in order to chalk up the point! *How embarrassing.

* Well, the tournament director himself explained to me afterward
that I had botched the opening horribly by not knowing the book
refutation to my opponent's ...Bf5 move, which goes something like
this:

1. e4 *c6

2. Nc3 *d5

3. Nf3 *de

4. Nxe4 *Bf5?!

5. Ng3 *Bg6

6. h4! *h6

7. Ne5! *Bh7

8. Qh5!! *g6

9. Bc4!!! *e6

10. Qe2!!!! *and now white is threatening Nxf7!!!!! and the
exclamation
marks themselves are completely overwhelming even if the position
might not be. * There is simply not enough room left on the page for
black to be able to adequately defend.

Qd6 then castle equalizes. You were black? *And you could not defend
this position? *Embarrassing.

So you'd be happy to play on as Black in the position rn2kbnr/pp3p1b/
2pqp1pp/4N3/2BP3P/6N1/PPP1QPP1/R1B1K2R ? Care to demonstrate?

PDFTT
Old July 4th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 10:15*pm, "Andrew B." wrote:

So you'd be happy to play on as Black in the position rn2kbnr/pp3p1b/
2pqp1pp/4N3/2BP3P/6N1/PPP1QPP1/R1B1K2R ? Care to demonstrate?

Andrew,

What position is this from? From my game? Are you sure you're not
referring to the position that White missed at moves 23-25, namely:
3r1k1r/5p2/p1Q2p2/2b1pP2/2P5/7P/q1P3P1/1R3R1K w - - 0 25 ?

If so, I have an answer to that.

But it's not clear what game you're referencing.

RL
Old July 5th 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 5:44*am, raylopez99 wrote:

Do me a favor please and analyze this game--quickly--just find a
single mistake--even a positional mistake--by either player that
indicates it's not a master level game. *This is my masterpiece.

If you do this, I'll not post another insult to you again. *Isn't that
worth the tradeoff?

The finding of such a mistake could in no way prove whether or
not this was a master level game. In fact, *some* master games
are filled with awful moves, poor strategy and even time pressure
blunders.

My computer is still very busy analysing serious (not blitz) games
but I did replay this on a graphical chessboard on my own. I am no
expert on Sicilian Defence opening theory... but it appears to me
that it may well have been as you put it a master level game. I
don't
like black's final move (which allowed the obvious Qxf7+) but there
was no decent move. Earlier in the middlegame I scoffed at the idea
of raiding white's queenside to snatch the a-pawn -- but then I'm
guilty myself of doing such things when I could find no better 'plan.'
I also found the opening play to be less than pleasing to the eye --
especially where white allowed p-b4 only to answer with the pityable
p-e5. White's K-h1 was so s-l-o-w that I wondered whether he had
perhaps fallen asleep. But again, I find plenty of examples of such
lethargy in my old games!

I would say that in order to get a true idea as to whether
something
is or is not 'master level' you need a representative sample
consisting
of many games. This is because any given player's level of play can
vary widely. I have a few old games in which I slaughtered players
at
my own level (much to my surprise!) and some where I fell flat on my
backside (disappointing but somewhat less surprising).
Old July 5th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 10:43*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

Lucky 13th post.

This game is crying out for analysis. You'll go to the grave reader
not knowing why this is a genuine master game of mine, one of my
favorite games I've played.

All you got to do is find one mistake or one bad move from either
side...

RL