Old July 2nd 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default My best game so far: I swear it

Can somebody please analyze this blitz game of mine and tell me what
you think? I think this is one of my best games...seriously.

I know I've made that claim in the past, and numerous errors were
pointed out to me later by kibitzers, but I swear this one is nearly
Mistake-Free (TM) and of Heirloom Chess (TM) quality. I missed an
easy win at move 25, but it was not obvious to me under time pressure
(I normally play at 5m + 0 s, not 3m + 1s as here). But the rest of
the game I think is fine.

What say you? If this game is not of master quality, I will never
post here again. Seriously.

TK, SBD, The Master, MH, what say you? C'mon, for old time's sake.
I'm not trolling this time, I'm serious.

RL

[Event "3m + 1s, rated"]
[Site "Main Playing Hall"]
[Date "2010.07.02"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Ray"]
[Black "Pappas"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "1540"]
[BlackElo "1575"]
[PlyCount "61"]
[EventDate "2010.07.02"]
[EventType "blitz"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Qc7 5. Nc3 e6 6. Be2 a6 7. O-O
Nf6 8.
Kh1 b5 9. Nxc6 dxc6 10. f4 b4 11. e5 bxc3 12. exf6 Rb8 13. bxc3 gxf6
14. f5 e5
15. Be3 h5 16. Bxh5 c5 17. h3 Bb7 18. Qe2 Qa5 19. Bf3 Bxf3 20. Qxf3
Be7 21.
Rab1 Rd8 22. c4 Qxa2 23. Qc6+ Kf8 24. Bxc5 Bxc5 25. Qxc5+ Kg7 26. Rb3
Rh5 27.
Rg3+ Kh7 28. Qe7 Qxc4 29. Qxf6 Rg8 30. Rff3 Qh4 31. Qxf7+ 1-0

Old July 3rd 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 2, 10:20*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

TK, SBD, The Master, MH, what say you? *C'mon, for old time's sake.
I'm not trolling this time, I'm serious.

Chickened out? Nobody dares dispute my claim? Figures. Cowards.

RL
Old July 3rd 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 3, 11:59*am, raylopez99 wrote:
On Jul 2, 10:20*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

TK, SBD, The Master, MH, what say you? *C'mon, for old time's sake.
I'm not trolling this time, I'm serious.

Chickened out? *Nobody dares dispute my claim? *Figures. Cowards.

RL

Chicken **** cowards. Lead by TK, the chief jackal in the pack.

RL
Old July 3rd 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 3, 4:50*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

TK, SBD, The Master, MH, what say you? *C'mon, for old time's sake.
I'm not trolling this time, I'm serious.

Aesop's fables. Boy. Cry. Wolf.

Chickened out? *Nobody dares dispute my claim? *Figures. Cowards.

Chicken **** cowards. *Lead by TK, the chief jackal in the pack.

Why do you call TK leadby? I've heard him called lame brain, a
liar and a lot of other things but never before, leadby.

If you will play a few games of serious chess, then I will be happy
analyse your best games. Blitz is not serious chess my boy. There
simply isn't time for deep and subtle analysis, and as with all
things
shallow, hardly worth wasting time on. I recently played some blitz
chess myself and believe you me, those games are not exactly the
stuff of legend. In one of these games my opponent actually survived
in spite of playing the Caro-Kann defence, and as the enthralled
spectators watched I was forced to display my endgame skills and
blinding speed in order to chalk up the point! How embarrassing.

Well, the tournament director himself explained to me afterward
that I had botched the opening horribly by not knowing the book
refutation to my opponent's ...Bf5 move, which goes something like
this:

1. e4 c6

2. Nc3 d5

3. Nf3 de

4. Nxe4 Bf5?!

5. Ng3 Bg6

6. h4! h6

7. Ne5! Bh7

8. Qh5!! g6

9. Bc4!!! e6

10. Qe2!!!! and now white is threatening Nxf7!!!!! and the
exclamation
marks themselves are completely overwhelming even if the position
might not be. There is simply not enough room left on the page for
black to be able to adequately defend.

Well, that's blitz chess for you. You might consider putting a
halt
to your whining and crying just long enough to get in a couple-few
serious games of chess.

Old July 3rd 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 3, 11:02*pm, The Master wrote:
On Jul 3, 4:50*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

TK, SBD, The Master, MH, what say you? *C'mon, for old time's sake.
I'm not trolling this time, I'm serious.

* Aesop's fables. *Boy. *Cry. *Wolf.

[...]

Oh for ****'s sake, Greg, he was beginning to get desperate there, and
you
had to go and reply to him...

Oh well... rotsa ruck with this one, Ray....

Old July 3rd 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 1:02*am, The Master wrote:
[...]

Qd6 then castle equalizes. You were black? And you could not defend
this position? Embarrassing.

* Well, that's blitz chess for you. * You might consider putting a
halt
to your whining and crying just long enough to get in a couple-few
serious games of chess.

If you analyze my blitz game--run it through an engine if you must--
and find it is not a master level blitz game, I promise, Greg, aka The
Master, not to ever post here again without your permission. And if
you analyze my game--no need for a deep analysis, just find me one
mistake by my opponent or me, I will play a serious game or do
anything else you ask of me.

What have you to lose? Just a few minutes of your time--and look at
what you gain--getting rid of me forever.

Deal? This is a no brainer. Don't be like a chess player and
overanalyze this proposition--this is an easy one.

RL
Old July 3rd 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 1:08*am, Mark Houlsby wrote:
Oh for ****'s sake, Greg, he was beginning to get desperate there, and
you
had to go and reply to him...

Oh well... rotsa ruck with this one, Ray....

Same proposition I just made to Greg holds for you, and for anybody
else reading this thread: analyze the game I posted here, and if you
find one mistake by me or my opponent that shows this is not a master
level game, I'll quit posting here forever.

Deal? I won't back down on my word--that much I promise you. I'm
very confident, as I ran this through my engine (Fritz 5.32) that this
game is a genuine master level blitz game.

RL
Old July 4th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 3, 6:42*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

In one of these games my opponent actually survived
in spite of playing the Caro-Kann defence, and as the enthralled
spectators watched I was forced to display my endgame skills and
blinding speed in order to chalk up the point! *How embarrassing.

Qd6 then castle equalizes. You were black? *

Idiot. How could I be black then if I am white now? Impossible.
Only billionaire Michael Jackson could possibly manage such a
feat, and even he required numerous life-threatening operations!

And you could not defend this position? *Embarrassing.

The position never arose, hollow pumpkin-head. I was explaining the
right way to play it -- according to those hated openings books. You
would of course know this if you were not illiterate (that simply
means
that you cannot read, Phil).

* Well, that's blitz chess for you. * You might consider putting a
halt
to your whining and crying just long enough to get in a couple-few
serious games of chess.

If you analyze my blitz game--run it through an engine if you must--
and find it is not a master level blitz game, I promise, Greg, aka The
Master, not to ever post here again without your permission.

You have broken promises before. Remember what you told the
Indians -- that you would 'trade' them land further west in exchange
for their land? Then you took that land away as well, putting them
in godawful patches of desert -- the few you didn't kill, I mean.
You
speak with fork-ed tongue.

And if you analyze my game--no need for a deep analysis, just find me one
mistake by my opponent or me, I will play a serious game or do
anything else you ask of me.

Right now my computer is really busy 'taking apart' my own chess
games for hours on end. That's how long it takes before Fritz can
spot even the tiniest of slips -- minor improvements like say,
forcing
mate rather than grabbing yet another pawn.

What have you to lose? *Just a few minutes of your time--and look at
what you gain--getting rid of me forever.

Getting rid of you... forever? 'I d have to gut you like a fish.'
(Jimmy Stewart)

Come to think of it, you do resemble a fish! And so does your
good pal Marcus Troulsby. Guppies, I would say.

Deal? *This is a no brainer. *Don't be like a chess player and
overanalyze this proposition--this is an easy one.

Obviously you have 'appropriated' some random game between two
grandmasters and are attempting to trick me (or someone -- anyone)
into making a misstep by saying it is a terrible game (which TK or MT
clearly would, given their severe mental handicaps). It won't work.
Not
because I am too smart to fall for such a trick, but because my
darned
computer will be tied up for some time since I set it to think ten
hours
per game for three consecutive games. In case you're wondering,
these are *serious* games at slower time controls, played between
real chessplayers -- not three or five minute blitz. In several of
these
games I decimated (here Phil: www.dictionary.com) as I was saying, I
*decimated* players stronger than you. Players with four digit
ratings
that don't start with a zero.

By the way Phil, many of my old scoresheets reveal that even players
rated in the GM, IM, SM, and especially NM and Expert ranges can
and do make dumb mistakes! They just make them *less frequently*
than players like you. These mistakes become all the more obvious
when you let Fritz analyse for hours without interruption (he also
likes
to drink lots and lots of coffee and eat sugary junk foods).
Old July 4th 10, 10:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 4, 2:27*am, The Master wrote
*By the way Phil, many of my old scoresheets reveal that even players
rated in the GM, IM, SM, and especially NM and Expert ranges can
and do make dumb mistakes! * They just make them *less frequently*
than players like you. * These mistakes become all the more obvious
when you let Fritz analyse for hours without interruption (he also
likes
to drink lots and lots of coffee and eat sugary junk foods).

Do me a favor please and analyze this game--quickly--just find a
single mistake--even a positional mistake--by either player that
indicates it's not a master level game. This is my masterpiece.

If you do this, I'll not post another insult to you again. Isn't that
worth the tradeoff?

RL
Old July 4th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On 3 July, 23:42, raylopez99 wrote:
[...]

So you'd be happy to play on as Black in the position rn2kbnr/pp3p1b/
2pqp1pp/4N3/2BP3P/6N1/PPP1QPP1/R1B1K2R ? Care to demonstrate?