Old July 7th 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Shabalov - Kamsky from world open

was there a blunder in this game or is there a mistake from the world
open game.

the Bishop on b7 is hanging and white's queen just takes it.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1586617

Old July 7th 10, 09:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 7, 6:35*am, Alex wrote:
was there a blunder in this game or is there a mistake from the world
open game.

the Bishop on b7 is hanging and white's queen just takes it.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1586617

What choice are you giving? Mistake vs blunder?

If I had made and posted this game, TK would be all over me. As it
is, chessgames.com has this game and TK foams at the mouth annotating
how deep it is.

RL
Old July 7th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 6, 11:35*pm, Alex wrote:
was there a blunder in this game or is there a mistake from the world
open game.

the Bishop on b7 is hanging and white's queen just takes it.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1586617

I just ran through the game briefly with Rybka, and as it is
presented, it looks like Kamsky simply miscalculated. There's no
chance for anything like adequate compensation for the lost piece,
even in the variation 22...Nxe3 23.Nxe3 Bxe3+ 24.Kh1 Bxc1 25.Rxc1. I'd
suspect a fingerfehler perhaps, except that if Kamsky had to move his
queen, 21...Qb6 would have kept things about equal. Anyone know of any
post-game comment from Kamsky, explaining what happened?