Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 World Open

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.02"]
[Round "02"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Kvakovszky,George"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "1817"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 h5 4.g5 Bf5 5.d3 e6 6.Nc3 Bd6 7.e4 Bg6 8.f4 Qc7
9.Qf3 Ne7 10.Nge2 h4 11.O-O Nd7 12.Be3 Bc5 13.Bxc5 Nxc5 14.Qe3 Qb6
15.f5 Bh5 16.exd5 Bxe2 17.Nxe2 cxd5 18.f6 gxf6 19.gxf6 Nc6 20.d4 Ne4
21.Bxe4 dxe4 22.Qxe4 O-O-O 23.c3 Rd5 24.b4 Qb5
25.Kh1 Rg5 26.Rg1 Rf5 27.Rg7 Rxf6 28.a4 Qh5 29.Rag1 Rf2 30.Rg8+ Rxg8
31.Rxg8+ Kd7 32.Rg2 Rf1+ 33.Kh2 Re1 34.b5 Na5 35.Rg4 Kd6 36.Kg2 Nc4
37.Kf2 Nd2 38.Qf4+ 1-0

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.02"]
[Round "03"]
[White "Kolb,David A."]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A04"]
[WhiteElo "1999"]
[BlackElo "1900"]

1.Nf3 f5 2.b3 Nf6 3.Bb2 d5 4.e3 c5 5.c4 e6 6.Nc3 Nc6 7.d4 a6 8.Be2 Be7
9.O-O O-O 10.dxc5 Bxc5 11.cxd5 exd5 12.Rc1 Ba7 13.Qd2 h6 14.Rfd1 Be6
15.Bd3 Qd6 16.Ne2 Rad8 17.Ned4 g6 18.Nxc6 bxc6 19.Be5 Qd7 20.Bxf6 Rxf6
21.Ne5 Qd6 22.Nxc6 Rd7 23.Qc3 d4 24.exd4 Rc7
25.Bxa6 Bd5 26.Qa5 Rxc6 27.Bc4 Bxc4 28.Qxa7 Ra6 29.Qb7 Bf7 30.Rc8+ Kg7
31.Rd2 Qf4 32.Rcc2 Rfb6 33.Qd7 Rxb3 34.g3 Rb1+ 35.Kg2 Qe4+ 36.f3 Qe1
37.Kh3 Qf1+ 38.Rg2 Qxf3 39.Rgf2 Qg4+ 40.Kg2 Qe4+ 41.Kh3 Rg1 0-1

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.03"]
[Round "04"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Sigamoney,Cyril S."]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "2012"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.e4 Bc5 5.Qf3 Ne7 6.d3 Ng6 7.Nc3 Be6 8.Nge2
Nh4 9.Qg3 Nxg2+ 10.Qxg2 d4 11.Nd1 Be7 12.O-O c5 13.f4 f6 14.Ng3 g6
15.fxe5 fxe5 16.Bh6 Nc6 17.b3 Bg5 18.Bxg5 Qxg5 19.Nb2 O-O-O 20.Nc4 Kc7
21.Rf2 h5 22.gxh5 b5 23.Nd2 Rhg8 24.Nf3 Qh6
25.h4 Rg7 26.Ng5 gxh5 27.Nxh5 Rxg5 28.hxg5 Qxh5 29.Rf3 Rg8 30.Rg3 Ne7
31.Rf1 Ng6 32.Qd2 b4 33.Rf6 Rh8 34.Kf1 Qh1+ 35.Ke2 Rh2+ 36.Rf2 Nf4+
0-1

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.03"]
[Round "05"]
[White "Mitchell,Nigel"]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "E76"]
[WhiteElo "1975"]
[BlackElo "1900"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.Bd3 c5 6.d5 O-O 7.f4 Na6 8.Nf3
Nc7 9.O-O Bd7 10.Qe1 a6 11.a4 b5 12.axb5 axb5 13.Rxa8 Qxa8 14.cxb5 Rb8
15.e5 Nfxd5 16.Ng5 Nxc3 17.exd6 exd6 18.Qe7 Qd5 19.Be4 Nxe4 20.Nxe4
Qe6 21.Qxd6 Qxd6 22.Nxd6 Nxb5 23.Nc4 Nd4 24.Kf2
Bb5 0-1

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.04"]
[Round "06"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Yanovsky,Vladislav"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "2022"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c5 3.h3 Nc6 4.Nc3 e6 5.d3 Bd6 6.e4 d4 7.Nce2 e5 8.f4
exf4 9.Nxf4 Qh4+ 10.Kf1 Qf6 11.Qf3 Ne5 12.Qf2 Ne7 13.Nf3 Nxf3 14.Qxf3
Nc6 15.Ke2 Ne5 16.Qf2 O-O 17.Rf1 b6 18.Nd5 Qxf2+ 19.Rxf2 Bb7 20.Nf4
Ba6 21.b3 b5 22.a4 c4 23.axb5 cxd3+ 24.Nxd3 Bxb5
25.Bb2 Rfc8 26.Kd1 Bxd3 27.cxd3 Nxd3 28.Rd2 Nxb2+ 29.Rxb2 Be5 30.Ra5
f6 31.Bf1 Rc3 32.Bc4+ Kf8 33.Bd5 Rac8 34.Rxa7 Rxh3 35.Rf7+ Ke8 36.Rf2
d3 37.Rf1 Bb2 38.Rf5 Rc1+ 39.Kd2 Rc2+ 40.Ke1 Rh1+ 41.Rf1 Bc3+ 0-1

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.04"]
[Round "07"]
[White "Zats,Yefrem"]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "D09"]
[WhiteElo "1964"]
[BlackElo "1900"]

1.d4 d5 2.c4 e5 3.dxe5 d4 4.Nf3 Nc6 5.g3 Be6 6.Qa4 Qd7 7.Bg2 Nge7 8.O-
O Ng6 9.Rd1 Rd8 10.Bg5 Rb8 11.Be3 Nb4 12.Qxd7+ Bxd7 13.Bxd4 Nc2 14.Nc3
Nxa1 15.Rxa1 Bb4 16.Bxa7 Ra8 17.Nd5 Ba5 18.Bc5 c6 19.Nb6 Bxb6 20.Bxb6
O-O 21.a4 Rfe8 22.Bc7 Bg4 23.b3 Bxf3 24.Bxf3
Nxe5 25.Bg2 f6 26.Bh3 Kf7 27.f4 Ng6 28.Kf2 Re4 29.e3 Nf8 30.Rd1 g6
31.Bg2 Re7 32.Bd6 Rd7 33.c5 Ne6 34.Rb1 f5 35.e4 fxe4 36.Ke3 Ra5 37.Bh3
b6 38.b4 Rxa4 39.f5 gxf5 40.Bxf5 bxc5 41.bxc5 Rda7 42.Bxe4 Ra3+ 43.Bd3
Rc3 44.Rf1+ Kg8 45.Kd2 Raa3 46.Rf3 Nxc5
47.Bxc5 Rxc5 48.Bxh7+ Kxh7 49.Rxa3 Kg6 50.Rc3 Rd5+ 51.Ke3 Rd6 52.Rc5
Re6+ 53.Kf4 Rf6+ 54.Kg4 Rd6 55.h4 Rd4+ 56.Kh3 Rd6 57.h5+ Kh6 58.Kh4
Kg7 59.g4 Kf7 60.Rf5+ Kg7 61.Kg5 Kh7 62.Rf7+ Kg8 63.Rf6 Rd5+ 64.Kg6 c5
65.Rc6 Kf8 66.h6 Rd4 67.g5 c4 68.h7 Rh4 69.Rc8+
Ke7 70.h8=Q c3 71.Qf6+ 1-0

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.05"]
[Round "08"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Iyer,Venkat"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "1906"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 Bxg4 3.c4 c6 4.cxd5 cxd5 5.Qb3 Qc7 6.Nc3 e6 7.Qa4+ Nc6
8.Qxg4 Nf6 9.Qg3 Qb6 10.Nf3 Be7 11.O-O O-O-O 12.d3 h5 13.h4 Ng4 14.Ng5
Nce5 15.Bf4 f6 16.Bxe5 Nxe5 17.d4 Qxd4 18.Nxe6 Qb6 19.Nxd8 Rxd8
20.Nxd5 Rxd5 21.Bxd5 Bd6 22.Qxg7 Ng4 23.Rac1+ Kd8
24.Qg8+ Ke7 25.Qe6+ Kf8 26.Qf7# 1-0

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2010.07.05"]
[Round "09"]
[White "Matti,Joshua"]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "D08"]
[WhiteElo "1961"]
[BlackElo "1900"]

1.d4 d5 2.c4 e5 3.dxe5 d4 4.Nf3 Nc6 5.Bg5 Nge7 6.e3 Bg4 7.Be2 Bxf3
8.Bxf3 Nxe5 9.exd4 Nxf3+ 10.Qxf3 Qxd4 11.Qxb7 Rd8 12.O-O Qxc4 13.Qxa7
f6 14.Be3 Kf7 15.Na3 Qb4 16.Qxc7 Rc8 17.Qb6 Qxb6 18.Bxb6 Nd5 19.Ba5
Bxa3 20.bxa3 Rc2 21.Rfd1 Nf4 22.Rd2 Rc4 23.g3 Nh3+
24.Kg2 Ng5 25.f3 Rhc8 26.Rad1 Kg6 27.Rd8 R8c6 28.R8d4 Rc2+ 29.R1d2 Rc1
30.h4 Nf7 31.Rd1 R1c2+ 32.R4d2 R2c4 33.Bb4 Ne5 34.Bd6 Nf7 35.Bf4 Ra6
36.Rd3 Rca4 37.Bc1 Rc4 38.Bf4 Rca4 39.Rb1 Rxa3 40.Rxa3 Rxa3 41.Ra1 Kf5
42.Bc1 Ra5 43.g4+ Ke5 44.a3 f5 45.Bb2+ Kf4
46.g5 Ke3 47.Kg3 g6 48.Re1+ Kd2 49.Re7 Nd6 50.Rd7 Kc2 51.Rxd6 Kxb2
52.Rd7 Rxa3 53.Rxh7 Kc3 54.Rh6 Kd4 55.Rxg6 Ke5 56.Rb6 Ra1 57.g6 Rg1+
58.Kh2 Rd1 59.g7 Rd8 60.Rg6 Rg8 61.Kg3 f4+ 62.Kg4 1-0
  #2   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 01:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
sd sd is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 13, 7:24*pm, samsloan wrote:

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.03"]
[Round "04"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Sigamoney,Cyril S."]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "2012"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.e4 Bc5 5.Qf3 Ne7 6.d3 Ng6 7.Nc3 Be6 8.Nge2
Nh4 9.Qg3 Nxg2+ 10.Qxg2 d4 11.Nd1 Be7 12.O-O c5 13.f4 f6 14.Ng3 g6
15.fxe5 fxe5 16.Bh6 Nc6 17.b3 Bg5 18.Bxg5 Qxg5 19.Nb2 O-O-O 20.Nc4 Kc7
21.Rf2 h5 22.gxh5 b5 23.Nd2 Rhg8 24.Nf3 Qh6
25.h4 Rg7 26.Ng5 gxh5 27.Nxh5 Rxg5 28.hxg5 Qxh5 29.Rf3 Rg8 30.Rg3 Ne7
31.Rf1 Ng6 32.Qd2 b4 33.Rf6 Rh8 34.Kf1 Qh1+ 35.Ke2 Rh2+ 36.Rf2 Nf4+
0-1


Good to see you out there swinging Sam.

I think these systems with black bolstering the d pawn with c6 and Ne7
are the best way to refute the Grob, with a later Ng6 to exploit the
holes made by 1. g4. One of the advantages of the Grob, as Sam well
knows, is that black plays too hard or too contemptuously, he loses.
The opening can be surprisingly resilient despite the initial weakness
and white often wins by counterattacking. But slow and steady beats
the Grob. Of all the truly off-beat openings, I think it is the
toughest nut to crack.

In the Golden Years of Chess, there was a little magazine devoted
entirely to the Spike. I stupidly loaned mine out to someone who of
course promised to get them right back to me.....


SBD
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 13, 8:48*pm, sd wrote:
On Jul 13, 7:24*pm, samsloan wrote:



[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.03"]
[Round "04"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Sigamoney,Cyril S."]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "2012"]


1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.e4 Bc5 5.Qf3 Ne7 6.d3 Ng6 7.Nc3 Be6 8.Nge2
Nh4 9.Qg3 Nxg2+ 10.Qxg2 d4 11.Nd1 Be7 12.O-O c5 13.f4 f6 14.Ng3 g6
15.fxe5 fxe5 16.Bh6 Nc6 17.b3 Bg5 18.Bxg5 Qxg5 19.Nb2 O-O-O 20.Nc4 Kc7
21.Rf2 h5 22.gxh5 b5 23.Nd2 Rhg8 24.Nf3 Qh6
25.h4 Rg7 26.Ng5 gxh5 27.Nxh5 Rxg5 28.hxg5 Qxh5 29.Rf3 Rg8 30.Rg3 Ne7
31.Rf1 Ng6 32.Qd2 b4 33.Rf6 Rh8 34.Kf1 Qh1+ 35.Ke2 Rh2+ 36.Rf2 Nf4+
0-1


Good to see you out there swinging Sam.

I think these systems with black bolstering the d pawn with c6 and Ne7
are the best way to refute the Grob, with a later Ng6 to exploit the
holes made by 1. g4. One of the advantages of the Grob, as Sam well
knows, is that black plays too hard or too contemptuously, he loses.
The opening can be surprisingly resilient despite the initial weakness
and white often wins by counterattacking. But slow and steady beats
the Grob. Of all the truly off-beat openings, I think it is the
toughest nut to crack.

In the Golden Years of Chess, there was a little magazine devoted
entirely to the Spike. I stupidly loaned mine out to someone who of
course promised to get them right back to me.....

SBD


WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.

  #4   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 07:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 13, 11:36*pm, The Historian
wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:48*pm, sd wrote:



On Jul 13, 7:24*pm, samsloan wrote:


[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.03"]
[Round "04"]
[White "Sloan,Sam"]
[Black "Sigamoney,Cyril S."]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "1900"]
[BlackElo "2012"]


1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.e4 Bc5 5.Qf3 Ne7 6.d3 Ng6 7.Nc3 Be6 8.Nge2
Nh4 9.Qg3 Nxg2+ 10.Qxg2 d4 11.Nd1 Be7 12.O-O c5 13.f4 f6 14.Ng3 g6
15.fxe5 fxe5 16.Bh6 Nc6 17.b3 Bg5 18.Bxg5 Qxg5 19.Nb2 O-O-O 20.Nc4 Kc7
21.Rf2 h5 22.gxh5 b5 23.Nd2 Rhg8 24.Nf3 Qh6
25.h4 Rg7 26.Ng5 gxh5 27.Nxh5 Rxg5 28.hxg5 Qxh5 29.Rf3 Rg8 30.Rg3 Ne7
31.Rf1 Ng6 32.Qd2 b4 33.Rf6 Rh8 34.Kf1 Qh1+ 35.Ke2 Rh2+ 36.Rf2 Nf4+
0-1


Good to see you out there swinging Sam.


I think these systems with black bolstering the d pawn with c6 and Ne7
are the best way to refute the Grob, with a later Ng6 to exploit the
holes made by 1. g4. One of the advantages of the Grob, as Sam well
knows, is that black plays too hard or too contemptuously, he loses.
The opening can be surprisingly resilient despite the initial weakness
and white often wins by counterattacking. But slow and steady beats
the Grob. Of all the truly off-beat openings, I think it is the
toughest nut to crack.


In the Golden Years of Chess, there was a little magazine devoted
entirely to the Spike. I stupidly loaned mine out to someone who of
course promised to get them right back to me.....


SBD


WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.


Yes. And he had be totally busted too. He missed the killer move, 18.
Ba3

I had to sit there looking confident with that move staring me in the
face, knowing that if he saw it the game was over.

I had better stick with solid lines like Damiano's.

Sam Sloan

  #5   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 09:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,536
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 14, 3:24*am, samsloan wrote:

[nice games posted]

Below is one game I analyzed (I played through all of them).

RL



[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Valley Forge PA"]
[Date "2010.07.02"]
[Round "03"]
[White "Kolb,David A."]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A04"]
[WhiteElo "1999"]
[BlackElo "1900"]

1. Nf3 f5 2. b3 Nf6 3. Bb2 d5 {Already out of book!} (3... d6 4. d4 g6
5. g3)
4. e3 c5 5. c4 e6 6. Nc3 Nc6 7. d4 a6 8. Be2 Be7 9. O-O O-O 10. dxc5
Bxc5 11.
cxd5 exd5 12. Rc1 Ba7 13. Qd2 h6 14. Rfd1 Be6 15. Bd3 Qd6 16. Ne2 Rad8
17. Ned4
(17. Nf4) 17... g6 18. Nxc6 bxc6 19. Be5 Qd7 20. Bxf6 Rxf6 21. Ne5 Qd6
22. Nxc6
Rd7 23. Qc3 {Bxa6 is better--the pawn is safe to grab} d4 24. exd4 Rc7
25. Bxa6
$6 {White misses either 25. Bc4 or 25. d5. The WN is safe because it
can give
check on e7.} Bd5 26. Qa5 Rxc6 27. Bc4 Bxc4 28. Qxa7 Ra6 29. Qb7 Bf7
30. Rc8+
Kg7 31. Rd2 Qf4 32. Rcc2 Rfb6 33. Qd7 Rxb3 34. g3 Rb1+ 35. Kg2 Qe4+
36. f3 Qe1
37. Kh3 Qf1+ 38. Rg2 Qxf3 39. Rgf2 Qg4+ 40. Kg2 Qe4+ 41. Kh3 Rg1 0-1


  #6   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 12:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,536
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 14, 3:48*am, sd wrote:
  #7   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
sd sd is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, The Historian
wrote:

WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.


That was a neat game, and Sam noted the punch that would have floored
him. But does it still qualify as a Stonewall with his c5 (rather than
the usual c6)?

SBD

  #8   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2010
Posts: 311
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On 14 July, 14:08, sd wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, The Historian
wrote:

WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.


That was a neat game, and Sam noted the punch that would have floored
him. But does it still qualify as a Stonewall with his c5 (rather than
the usual c6)?

SBD


Well, it's not an Ilyin-Zhenevsky, or a Leningrad, or ... as I have
understood it
the configuration of the d-, e- and f-Pawns denotes a Stonewall, as
here...

MH
  #9   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 14, 9:08*am, sd wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, The Historian
wrote:

WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.


That was a neat game, and Sam noted the punch that would have floored
him. But does it still qualify as a Stonewall with his c5 (rather than
the usual c6)?

SBD


I am not going to play this opening again. Next time, I am putting my
pawn on c6.

I think it is a miracle that I survived and won this game. Of course I
played some good moves at the end and thus deserved the victory. I
think my 29. .... Bf7 was a good move.

He probably had many ways to win in addition to 18. Ba3 that would
have ended the game almost immediately.

Sam Sloan
  #10   Report Post  
Old July 14th 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Sam Sloan's Latest (not greatest) Games of Chess from 2010 WorldOpen

On Jul 14, 9:08*am, sd wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, The Historian
wrote:

WOW! Sloan played a Stonewall Dutch. If I had known I would have come
to watch.


That was a neat game, and Sam noted the punch that would have floored
him. But does it still qualify as a Stonewall with his c5 (rather than
the usual c6)?

SBD


It's been a while, but one of the possible 'break' moves is c5. Sloan
played it in one move instead of two, that's all.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chess Books for Sale! William Bybel rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 0 April 6th 10 10:14 AM
Chess Books for Sale! William Bybel rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 0 April 6th 10 10:13 AM
Books? Frenki rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 4 December 4th 07 03:26 PM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 May 23rd 06 05:24 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 October 19th 05 05:37 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017