Old August 14th 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Recommend a book for me

Hi everyone. I used to play chess a bit in the late 70s and early 80s
(I reached 2052 rating). I haven't played any serious chess for a
while and would like to get back into it. Unfortunately my library is
quite dated. I assume that some great games have been played during
the last couple decades that I would like to go over. Can anyone
recommend a book with a good collection of annotated recent games?
For that matter, has any recent GM published a book analogous to
Nimzovich's My System or Pachman's Modern Chess Strategy

Would appreciate any suggestions.
Mike
Old August 14th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On 14 Aug, 08:15, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone. *I used to play chess a bit in the late 70s and early 80s
(I reached 2052 rating). *I haven't played any serious chess for a
while and would like to get back into it. *Unfortunately my library is
quite dated. *I assume that some great games have been played during
the last couple decades that I would like to go over. *Can anyone
recommend a book with a good collection of annotated recent games?
For that matter, has any recent GM published a book analogous to
Nimzovich's My System or Pachman's Modern Chess Strategy

Would appreciate any suggestions.
Mike

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.... +Chess+Games

On this list, number 19 (Watson) is rated highly:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble....rategy&SZE=100

hth
Mark