Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old September 14th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
sd sd is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Default What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14

It's too bad you are such a hateful impudent troll most of the time;
this is an interesting position that requires a good understanding of
both pawn structure and endgame tactics. I'd love to reply, but any
answer by you would be along the lines of "You are such a poo-poo
head, Dr. Fart" or "Pawn structure? **** you Dowd. Let me show you
this game where I shoved my pawn structure right up (some 1200s) hole
and then played like Alekhine, Tal, and Fischer incarnate, culminating
in a blow only me and the Almighty can find."

SBD

  #2   Report Post  
Old September 14th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,536
Default What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14

On Sep 14, 3:39*pm, sd wrote:
It's too bad you are such a hateful impudent troll most of the time;
this is an interesting position that requires a good understanding of
both pawn structure and endgame tactics. I'd love to reply, but any
answer by you would be along the lines of "You are such a poo-poo
head, Dr. Fart" or "Pawn structure? **** you Dowd. Let me show you
this game where I shoved my pawn structure right up (some 1200s) hole
and then played like Alekhine, Tal, and Fischer incarnate, culminating
in a blow only me and the Almighty can find."

SBD


FU "Dr." terd Fart.

I never said any of the hateful things you are trying to put in my
mouth, like some other member you tried to put into the mouth of that
teenage 'patient' of yours, and got called to the Medical board over
it and almost lost your license to quack.

Having said that, I would like to hear your views, in particular
since, as I indicated, Fritz rates either move about the same.

But, I suspect you got nothing to say. Just quacking as usual, you
old quack.

Speaking of pawn structure, here is an "anti-positional" game of mine
that defines logic and common sense, yet it's playable and Fritz rates
the game about even until the very end, when, as I predicted, my
weaker opponent took the poisoned pawn and got mated in two. Yes, I
*did* see 16. g4. I deliberately let my k-side pawn structure get
destroyed so I could open a line of attack on his king. It was a
casual game so I did not care, and, like I said, Fritz thinks it's
about equal.

RL

[Event "Friendly Game, 5m + 0s"]
[Site "Café"]
[Date "2010.09.14"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Guest1259839"]
[Black "Ray"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "B07"]
[BlackElo "1601"]
[PlyCount "58"]
[EventDate "2010.09.14"]

1. e4 d6 2. d4 Nf6 3. Nc3 g6 4. Bg5 Bg7 5. Bxf6 exf6 6. Nf3 O-O 7. Be2
Nc6 8.
O-O f5 9. exf5 Bxf5 10. d5 Nb4 11. Bd3 Nxd3 12. cxd3 Qd7 13. Nh4 Bg4
14. f3
Bd4+ 15. Kh1 Bh5 16. g4 g5 17. gxh5 gxh4 18. Rb1 Kh8 19. Ne2 Bg7 20.
Rg1 Rg8
21. Rg4 f5 22. Rxh4 Bf6 23. Rh3 Rg7 24. f4 Rag8 25. Ng3 Bd4 26. Qf3
Rg4 27. b4
Qa4 28. Nxf5 Rg1+ 29. Rxg1 Rxg1# 0-1
  #3   Report Post  
Old September 15th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14

On Sep 14, 3:29*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

FU "Dr." terd Fart.

I never said any of the hateful things you are trying to put in my
mouth, like some other member you tried to put into the mouth of that
teenage 'patient' of yours, and got called to the Medical board over
it and almost lost your license to quack.


Yes you have and anyway he's not that kind of Dr. you moron.

  #4   Report Post  
Old September 15th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,536
Default What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14

On Sep 15, 9:28*pm, None wrote:
On Sep 14, 3:29*pm, raylopez99 wrote:



FU "Dr." terd Fart.


I never said any of the hateful things you are trying to put in my
mouth, like some other member you tried to put into the mouth of that
teenage 'patient' of yours, and got called to the Medical board over
it and almost lost your license to quack.


Yes you have and anyway he's not that kind of Dr. you moron.


Yeah it figures...he's an English major then. "Dr." titles are given
right and left to those guys.

I heard once that to make it to the top in chess you have to be a bit
unbalanced--monomaniacal--like an idiot savant. So SBD's high rating
reinforces this point.

Now it all makes sense. He's not a real doctor indeed. I have to be
a bit more circumspect with him now, since he's a bit damaged
upstairs. I thought I was dealing with somebody sharp, not a dimwit
savant.

Thanks for the heads up None.

RL
  #5   Report Post  
Old September 15th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14

On Sep 15, 2:37*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

Now it all makes sense. *He's not a real doctor indeed. *I have to be
a bit more circumspect with him now, since he's a bit damaged
upstairs. *I thought I was dealing with somebody sharp, not a dimwit
savant.

Thanks for the heads up None.


He is an academic who taught radio medicine. You know, that how things
like echo tests and MRIs work. To teach them you need extensive
knowledge in biology, mathmatics and physics.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to do? r3k2r/p2p1ppp/1pn1p3/2p5/2PP4/P4PP1/1P3P1P/3RKB1R wKkq - 0 14 sd rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 0 September 14th 10 01:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017