Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old May 14th 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2009
Posts: 112
Default Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF

On May 14, 2:59*pm, BL wrote:
In other words, he purposely inflated a number that purportedly
predicts one's future performance at a game, issued by a non-profit
organization, so he could impress people who also play to make them
think he was better at the game than he is.


You miss the point. Tanner built his livelihood on a fraud. *At least
one school district fired him when the found out what he'd done. *Some
of us value honesty more than others. *If it were Sam Sloan instead of
Tanner, I suspect you'd be singing a different tune.


He got fired from what he made money one, he stepped down from his
position(s) in the USCF, and he hasn't directed a tournament in
years. Now, under the veil of promoting honesty, you want to
unilaterally make him persona non grata because of some mistakes he
made 20 years ago.

I think I get the point: In your view, somebody screws up, admits
they were wrong, pays the penalty and does their time, but you want
them banned from ever being involved in the activity that got them in
trouble in the first place.

As for Sloan.....has he ever admitted being wrong? Even after having
his errors pointed out verbatim? Didn't think so.

Who cares? *Isn't this old news?


You don't but others do.


Of course you do.....from waaaaaay up there on your high-horse passing
judgment.

*Besides, everybody who does happen
to care about this already knows what he did and he knows they know.
I'll go out on a limb and say that he probably won't be doing that
again.


Have you polled all his clients over the period of 18 year? *I did't
think so, which means you're talking through your sphincter again.He
won't be doing that again because he's being
watched.....................Duh.


That's a dumb ass question. Why the hell would I want to? I didn't
feel the need to point out the obvious, but thank you for clearing
that up for the less-intuitive, Inspector Clouseau.

I assume you're saying he should be banned from ever directing a chess
tournament again. *I say that's stupid. *Let it go, man.


That's not my position. *I say let him TD local and club events, but
keep him away from state and national championships.


Yeah. Keep him away from the tournaments he'll be LESS supervised
at. Let him be *solely* in charge of running local and club events --
ones he may even play in himself -- with nobody there to check his
work. But FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T let him work alongside NTDs and IAs at
state and national events that are highly scrutinized and where he
won't play. That *really* supports your argument.

(Readers, please note who's "talking out of their sphincter" again.)

****in' moron.

Regards,

Matt
  #12   Report Post  
Old May 14th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2011
Posts: 23
Default Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF

On May 14, 4:37*pm, Matt Nemmers wrote:
On May 14, 2:59*pm, BL wrote:

In other words, he purposely inflated a number that purportedly
predicts one's future performance at a game, issued by a non-profit
organization, so he could impress people who also play to make them
think he was better at the game than he is.


You miss the point. Tanner built his livelihood on a fraud. *At least
one school district fired him when the found out what he'd done. *Some
of us value honesty more than others. *If it were Sam Sloan instead of
Tanner, I suspect you'd be singing a different tune.


He got fired from what he made money one, he stepped down from his
position(s) in the USCF, and he hasn't directed a tournament in
years. *Now, under the veil of promoting honesty, you want to
unilaterally make him persona non grata because of some mistakes he
made 20 years ago.


You need to get your facts straight. Since 2006 he has directed over
100 USCF rated tournaments as Chief TD and a smaller number as
Asistant TD. He has been Chief TD for numerous national championships
during that period. I suggest that you look at his MSA. You'll have to
renew your USCF membership to do that directly.



I think I get the point: *In your view, somebody screws up, admits
they were wrong, pays the penalty and does their time, but you want
them banned from ever being involved in the activity that got them in
trouble in the first place.


Again, you need to get your facts straight. Tanner has never admitted
what he did. If you were still a USCF ember, you could learn about
that in detail on the USCF Issues Forum. IMO, having done what he did,
he should never TD a national (flagship) USCF tournament again. Your
opinion obviously differs.



As for Sloan.....has he ever admitted being wrong? *Even after having
his errors pointed out verbatim? *Didn't think so.


What did you not understand regarding the hypothetical. If it were
Sloan in the exact same circumstances, I have no doubt that your would
be ready to fry him in the chair.


Who cares? *Isn't this old news?


You don't but others do.


Of course you do.....from waaaaaay up there on your high-horse passing
judgment.



Actually, the one who cares and who brought it to my attention was
Dylan McClain of the NY Times who was covering the National K-6 in
Dallas. McClain was shocked (his word) that Tanner, a cheat (his word)
was a TD at the event. We'll see if he notes it in his write-up on the
Nationals.

*Besides, everybody who does happen
to care about this already knows what he did and he knows they know.
I'll go out on a limb and say that he probably won't be doing that
again.


Have you polled all his clients over the period of 18 year? *I did't
think so, which means you're talking through your sphincter again.He
won't be doing that again because he's being
watched.....................Duh.


That's a dumb ass question. *Why the hell would I want to? *I didn't
feel the need to point out the obvious, but thank you for clearing
that up for the less-intuitive, Inspector Clouseau.


Oh my. Try to follow this. You made an assertion that clearly implied
a factual basis that you apparently don't have. Inspector Clouseau
caught you out, ****Tard.

I assume you're saying he should be banned from ever directing a chess
tournament again. *I say that's stupid. *Let it go, man.


That's not my position. *I say let him TD local and club events, but
keep him away from state and national championships.


Yeah. *Keep him away from the tournaments he'll be LESS supervised
at. *Let him be *solely* in charge of running local and club events --
ones he may even play in himself -- with nobody there to check his
work. *But FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T let him work alongside NTDs and IAs at
state and national events that are highly scrutinized and where he
won't play. *That *really* supports your argument.


You clearly don't understand my point. Again, try to follow this.
Tanner is a fraud and a cheat who should never again be associated
with a USCF national event. If he cheats again, I think there's a
very good chance it will be picked up--even at the local level. That
said, there may welll be a need to tighten up procedures. Tanner isn't
the only one to have done something like this--his just the biggest
fish to get fried.

(Readers, please note who's "talking out of their sphincter" again.)

****in' moron.


LOL!! Coming from a ****Tard like you that really
hurts.......................................not.


Regards,

Matt


  #13   Report Post  
Old May 18th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Default Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF

The thing I like best about organizing chess is that I have not
organized chess in 25 or 30 years. What a waste of time it was. And
don't ask me to contribute any money to chess. It isn't worth a dime.

OldHaasie
  #14   Report Post  
Old May 22nd 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2010
Posts: 143
Default Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF

On May 17, 8:45*pm, " wrote:
The thing I like best about organizing chess is that I have not
organized chess in 25 or 30 years. *What a waste of time it was. *And
don't ask me to contribute any money to chess. *It isn't worth a dime.

OldHaasie


I believe the way to become a true chess champion is to QUIT the
game. Youngest to do so wins.

  #15   Report Post  
Old May 24th 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2009
Posts: 112
Default Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF

On May 22, 3:35*pm, "
wrote:
On May 17, 8:45*pm, " wrote:

The thing I like best about organizing chess is that I have not
organized chess in 25 or 30 years. *What a waste of time it was. *And
don't ask me to contribute any money to chess. *It isn't worth a dime..


OldHaasie


I believe the way to become a true chess champion is to QUIT the
game. *Youngest to do so wins.


Another predictable statement from the self-proclaimed "genius" and
"openings grandmaster" (LOL!) who quit the game two decades ago.
Makes it easier for him to justify to himself the fact that he (again)
failed to make good on all his claims of prowess OTB.

Regards,

Matt
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017