Old July 7th 11, 09:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Illegal Sale of the Building Comes up Again

[quote="Randy Bauer"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
It was Randy Bauer who got us in this predicament.

Sam Sloan
You mean there is something that is NOT Goichberg's fault??? :roll:[/
quote]

Sam's take on things is at best haphazard. I 'got us in this
predicament' (meaning the move to Crossville) even though I opposed
the vote to move there. Yeah, I know - go figure. Bill Goichberg
also did, but you wouldn't know it from Sam Sloan's recitations.
Meanwhile, Beatriz, who was President at the time and now a Sam ally
as it relates to FIDE, seems to get a free pass - let's call it a
convenient blindspot.

Mind you, I don't 'blame' Beatriz for the move, but then I'm not the
one claiming it is a 'predicament.'

Sam, why don't you expound a bit on this subject and keep to the facts
of who voted for and against it?
It is absolutely true that Randy Bauer initially voted against the
move to Crossville.

But that was just one vote.

On all the rest of the many votes Bauer not only supported the move
but was the biggest gung-ho advocate of the move. Go back and check
Bauer's postings on this subject during the period in the first half
of 2005 when Bauer was on the board and you will see what I mean.

It is true that Beatriz was the main person who pushed through the
move to Crossville while Bauer was cheering her on and that Goichberg
opposed the move. However, when Goichberg took over as USCF President
in August 2005 he still could have gotten us out of the deal. Instead,
it was while Goichberg was USCF President that the building in
Crossville was built, getting us stuck with this nearly worthless
white elephant.

Old July 8th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

It is unclear to me how there can now be an effective remedy regarding
this issue.

David Ames
Old July 8th 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jul 8, 11:28*am, David Ames wrote:
It is unclear to me how there can now be an effective remedy regarding
this issue.

David Ames

I would think the statute had run its course