Old October 17th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Which college did Fischer attend?

On Oct 17, 8:53*am, David Ames wrote:

Depends on what you put your mind to. *Instead of putting my mind on
chess, I should have devoted my time to pursuing studies that there
wasn't time for in the school day. *Independent study and
accomplishment would probably have counted greatly to a science and
engineering institute in Massachusetts. *(They suggested to me what I
might do with myself and reapply after a year.)

Don't worry about it. You would not have amounted to much in the real
world anymore than you have in the chess world.

Your mind is a terrible thing, a waste.

RL