Old December 14th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

Default Who killed Jessie Gilbert?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315884
Old December 14th 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

On 14/12/2011 20:28, wrote:

"Who killed Jessie Gilbert?"

Never heard of him/her if you don't give a **** to express an opinion I
can't be arsed using Google to look up who the hell it might be
Old December 15th 11, 03:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

On Dec 14, 1:01*pm, Martin wrote:
On 14/12/2011 20:28, wrote:

*"Who killed Jessie Gilbert?"

Never heard of him/her if you don't give a **** to express an opinion I
can't be arsed using Google to look up who the hell it might be

That's what I love about these newsgroups: the civility.
Old December 15th 11, 03:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

Who the **** asked you?

Old December 15th 11, 04:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal,alt.chess

Jessie Gilbert was a female chess prodigy who killed herself by
jumping off the roof during a scholastic chess tournament.

Now people are trying to blame her father who they say abused her five
years earlier.

Now, only last month a very weak scholastic chess player with a 500
rating killed himself by jumping off the roof of the hotel where the
tournament was being held after losing all his games in the chess
tournament.

Pundits are trying to decide whom to blame for his death. Could it be
his opponents who, had they known, would not have beaten them in their
chess games?
Old December 15th 11, 03:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

On Dec 14, 11:35*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:

Never heard of him/her if you don't give a **** to express an opinion I
can't be arsed using Google to look up who the hell it might be

* That's what I love about these newsgroups: the civility.

Who the **** asked you?

* Thank you, Stan.

Your welcome. I'm always available to provide you with fodder.

Old December 15th 11, 09:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

I'm clear in my own mind what happened to poor Jessie. I think her
father was or is a very lucky man. He must now contend with his
conscience.
Old December 15th 11, 11:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

Taylor Kingston wrote:

On Dec 14, 1:01 pm, Martin wrote:
On 14/12/2011 20:28, wrote:

"Who killed Jessie Gilbert?"

Never heard of him/her if you don't give a **** to express an opinion I
can't be arsed using Google to look up who the hell it might be

That's what I love about these newsgroups: the civility.

Equally, I'm sure you'll love the prose style of the obsessive Mr Baron
which you can savour he http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315884

A snippet: "Although an open verdict was returned at her inquest at
Epsom in September the following year, there is no doubt that Jessie
threw herself from that window rather than simply fell. The big question
is, who pushed her?".... oh, & there's incubi, alien abduction, & some
dubious chess instruction (from this sub 1400) to be going on with too!

..
Old December 15th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,uk.legal

Offramp wrote:

I'm clear in my own mind what happened to poor Jessie.

..
Clearly the court thought different.
..