Old December 19th 03, 06:20 PM
Ivan

Default Bobby Fischer chess wallet

I had ready that Regina Fischer used to sell chess wallets like the
one Bobby Fischer used to care around.

I found a website that sold chess wallets and they seem very
expensive. Even the travel sets are very expensive. If that is how
they are today, I wonder how many chess players could actually afford
one back in the 1950s and 1960s. Scroll down and look at all the
other prices on this page:

http://www.chessmate.com/chessmate1.html#wallet
Old December 20th 03, 01:08 PM
Peter van der Hoog

Ivan, interesting. Where did you read Regina Fischer used to sell chess
wallets?

In Petra Dautov's book an entertaining chapter is devoted to Fischer's
search for a specific chess wallet in Germany. His old genuine leather chess
wallet is completely worn out and Fischer insists in buying the exact same
specimen. In search of a non-synthetic wallet they visit a chess shop in
Heidelberg but all in vain. A remarkable detail is that nobody recognized
Fischer although his stay in Germany was already published in the papers.

om...

Old December 20th 03, 01:11 PM
Paul Rubin

"Peter van der Hoog" writes:
Ivan, interesting. Where did you read Regina Fischer used to sell chess
wallets?

That's discussed in Frank Brady's book "Profile of a Prodigy". Regina
hatched a plan to sell "Bobby Fischer Chess Wallets" in the 1960's and
Bobby found out about it and put a stop to it immediately. I don't
remember if the book said she actually sold any.
Old December 21st 03, 11:17 AM
jonnywildboar

this surely is a feeble attempt to get us onto a webpage that sells
stuff, very poor, very poor indeed.