Old December 19th 03, 07:58 PM
Ivan

Default Dutch Stonewall

Is this a good opening to learn and play for black?
Old December 19th 03, 08:04 PM
Rob van Aurich

There are no bad openings, only bad players....

--
Groeten
van Rob

Old December 19th 03, 08:27 PM
Harold Buck

In article , Rob van Aurich
wrote:

Ivan wrote:

Is this a good opening to learn and play for black?

There are no bad openings, only bad players....

But bad players play bad openings.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson
Old December 19th 03, 10:15 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Harold Buck" wrote in message news:no_one_knows-

But bad players play bad openings.

Even worse: bad players play good openings, badly.

Old December 20th 03, 01:05 AM
David Emerling

"Ivan" wrote in message
om...
Is this a good opening to learn and play for black?

In the hands of a player versed in its intricacies - yes, it's good.

I like playing the Stonewall Attack from the white side on occasion. I will
only uncork it on a much weaker player because its objective is too
transparent and monolithic. Attempting it against a good player who
understands the opening will almost always leave white with a cramped and
unenergetic position.

--
David Emerling - Memphis, TN

If you want to email me - remove NOSPAM from the above address.

Old December 20th 03, 06:28 PM
Scott C. Linnenbringer

Old December 22nd 03, 12:29 PM
Göran Barz

"EZoto" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
s.com...
I forgot which Dvoretsky book has it but there is excellent analysis
and study on the stonewall by Kramnik in one of his books. The
stonewall may be primitive but it is tough to crack.

It's "Positional Play". Kramnik analyses the stonewall with Nf3 and Igor
Khenkin analyses some other variations, especially with Nh3