Old January 13th 04, 03:20 PM
ritter_k

Default end game vs mid game

Hi,

Does it make sense studying end games before studying
mid games ?
I just learned some openings and I feel I'am ready to
do a next step. So, what first, mid games or end games ?
Old January 13th 04, 03:44 PM
Sandy Breon

I would recommend studying tactics and endgames. There are many books and
software that contain tactics problems. Mastering tactics will greatly
benefit your middle games, and will improve your rating more than any other
facet of the game. I would actually find someone (at least an expert) to
teach you endgames, though. I tried using endgame books but I found that
nothing is the same as a real person teaching you king and pawn endgames, or
rook and pawn endgames.

Later on you learn more strategical concepts.

Good luck,
Sandy

om...

Old January 14th 04, 10:05 AM
SEdwardWilson

Sandy - will you teach me endgame?

Steve
Old January 14th 04, 05:10 PM
Sandy Breon

Sorry, but I am not a chess instrutor. If you don't own it, my best advice
is to buy Chessmaster 9000. There is a Josh Waitzkin multimedia tutorial on
endgames. Excellent instruction for your buck.

Good luck,
Sandy

Old January 19th 04, 11:53 PM
Nick

"ritter_k" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Does it make sense studying end games before studying
mid games ?
I just learned some openings and I feel I'am ready to
do a next step. So, what first, mid games or end games ?

Dear "ritter_k"
My personal answer to this question is in the following link:
http://www.nickbeqo.com/chess/id119.htm

Sincerely
Nick