Old January 24th 04, 06:58 PM
Jasonc65

Default what do you think of this position?

rk6/p7/B3N3/3p1p2/3P1P2/b3n3/P7/RK6 w - -
Old January 24th 04, 08:27 PM
John Fernandez

Zugszwang sucks.

John Fernandez
Old January 24th 04, 09:01 PM
Jasonc65

Zugszwang sucks.

John Fernandez

Well, I disagree. Without it, endgames would be rather dull. If black could
pass, then KRk would be a draw.

Notice anything else about the position?
Old January 25th 04, 12:29 AM
SEdwardWilson

What is wrong with me? Why don't I understand the notation diagraming the
position? Perhaps I have never learned it.

Old January 25th 04, 01:37 AM
Jasonc65

rk6/p7/B3N3/3p1p2/3P1P2/b3n3/P7/RK6 b - -

--
CeeBee

I know I wouldn't. I would prefer the position you listed, as white, but as
black, I would hate it as much as the position I gave, as white.
Old January 25th 04, 01:45 AM
Claus-Jürgen Heigl

SEdwardWilson wrote:

What is wrong with me? Why don't I understand the notation diagraming the
position? Perhaps I have never learned it.

This called FEN, Forsyth-Edwards notation. Most chess software can
read it. We like to use it because cut and paste into your favorite
chess software is faster than to set up the position manually. If you
want to understand it for yourself, here is an article from the
Wikipedia how it works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth-Edwards_Notation

Claus-Juergen
Old January 26th 04, 07:51 AM
Terry

Default what do you think of this position? - As the actress said to the bishop

Old January 26th 04, 03:05 PM
Jasonc65

Why no text?