Old July 25th 04, 03:00 AM
Bobby Fischler

Default Fischer is sick and needs treatment!

(David Pollitt) wrote in message ...
clarkbarr ) writes:
Face it, the fool is mentally ill and needs treatment!

I agree that Mr. Fischer is in strong need psychiatric help, but I would not
necessarily call him a fool. I would simply say that he is quite mentally
ill.

Agreed. If a person is suffering from a mental disorder it is not
their fault.

On 7/23/04 7:38 PM, in article
, "Bobby Fischler"
wrote:
(Tim Hanke) wrote in message
If you truly want "to urgently assist Bobby in a dignified manner,"
you would be trying to get medical help for him.

Tim Hanke

Agreed. The poor man needs help. He has had 32+ years of misery.
maybe some of the modern pharmaceuticals for schizophrenia could help
him. Really tragic.

Has Mr. Fischer been diagnosed with schizophrenia?

This is my guess.

He is a tragic man.

30+ years of running away around the world from things in his mind.
Very sad.

This just goes to show that a logical mind in one area (chess) does not
necessarily produce mental stability.

I think chess was the only thing that kept him sane. I think he was
so driven to get to the top that he was able to hold it together long
enough to reach his goal. When he reached the top in 1972 it is like
it all fell apart. You see photos of him returning back to NY after
the Spassky match in 1972 and he is smiling and looks very happy. He
had $5 million in endorsements, because he was possibly the most
famous man in the world, just waiting to sign at his lawyer's office
and then he just disappeared. Very odd and very sad.