Old March 6th 04, 04:18 PM
Dr. John E. Upham

Default Czech-Pirc (aka Pribyl Defence)?

I'm looking for current exponents of the Czech-Pirc (aka Pribyl Defence) as
played by Jansa, Hort, Pribyl, Hodgson etc.

Anyone suggest where to look?

Regards, John

Old March 9th 04, 12:53 AM
Bjoern

In article , "Dr. John E. Upham" wrote:
I'm looking for current exponents of the Czech-Pirc (aka Pribyl Defence) as
played by Jansa, Hort, Pribyl, Hodgson etc.

Anyone suggest where to look?

Regards, John

I had a look in TWIC to see which strong players played it recently and
repeatedly.
E.g. Azmaiparashvili, Dizdarevic, Koneru (perhaps she is the best known on
this list with the exception of Azmaiparashvili, particularly in the UK?),
Lazic and Bachin seem to be names that appear repeatedly in that list. I have
read somewhere that the line 1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6 3.Nc3 c6 4.f4 looks a bit
suspicious for black, but it can't be all that bad seeing as all these strong
players still play it and actually win with it.

--Björn