Old March 8th 04, 09:15 AM
Debbie Bauer Sucks Dick for Loose Change

Default Fair warning to all fellow chess players.....Avoid the well-known liar and thief Mike Leahy with his ripoff software "Bookup".........stick to reputable chess software companies such as Chessbase, Convekta, etc

Clear DayFair warning to all fellow chess players.....Avoid the well-known liar and thief Mike Leahy with his ripoff software "Bookup".........stick to reputable chess software companies such as Chessbase, Convekta, etc

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart, stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.

--
I hold that it is bad as far as we are concerned if a person, a political party, an army or a school is not attacked by the enemy, for in that case it would definitely mean that we have sunk to the level of the enemy. It is good if we are attacked by the enemy, since it proves that we have drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves. It is still better if the enemy attacks us wildly and paints us as utterly black and without a single virtue; it demonstrates that we have not only drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves but achieved a great deal in our work.

Mao Tse-Tung