Old March 8th 04, 07:06 PM
Tushar Mithaiwala

Default Sharpen Your Tactics, problem 111. (Analyze)

Dear Group,

I came up with a different solution than the book on this one too.

Did I goof?

Black: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], b7, d6, e5, and f6.
White: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], b2, b3, e4, and g4.

White to move.

My solution is: R to h5. After that it seems to me that R to f3 is unavoidable.

The book says R to g7. Same result F to f3 is unavoidable.

Please e-mail me back.

Thanks.

Tushar
Old March 8th 04, 08:31 PM
Marcus

If Rh5, nothing protects the g4 pawn.

You could use a computer to check your own lines. You can download Winboard
and Crafty for free, although you may need some help to put them to work
together.

Winboard: http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html
Crafty: ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt/v19/

om...