Old March 10th 04, 10:17 AM
Karl Farmer

Default "Chess Artist" vs. "Bobby Fischer Goes to War"

Of these two books, I much prefer the first to the second. The fact
is Fischer is old news. "The Chess Artist" tells the whole history of
the game, and gives it all in terns of simuls, blindfolds, big
tournaments, the history of chess problems, the ICC, etc. "...Goes to
War" tells a story we've all heard a million times and makes some
terrible blunders along the way. The chess world is better served by
"The Chess Artist," which brings life to the game, than by a dead
story that makes it look like old news anyway.

Any thoughts?
Old March 11th 04, 09:52 AM
SEdwardWilson

Of these two books, I much prefer the first to the second. The fact
is Fischer is old news. "The Chess Artist" tells the whole history of
the game, and gives it all in terns of simuls, blindfolds, big
tournaments, the history of chess problems, the ICC, etc. "...Goes to
War" tells a story we've all heard a million times and makes some
terrible blunders along the way. The chess world is better served by
"The Chess Artist," which brings life to the game, than by a dead
story that makes it look like old news anyway.

Any thoughts?

If Fischer is old news....so is Spassky, no need to learn from his wisdom,
Petrosian, no need to learn from his wisdom, Alekhine, Capablanca, Lasker,
Steinitz, and Morphy - forget their games or approach to the game or
lives...they're OLD NEWS.....the most naive thing an idiot can write, is that
history is not important, or as important as the present - you cannot
understand the present without understanding history....if you disagree, you
simply haven't learned this yet - or never will.....Fischer may have lost his
mind, but he is one of the greatest players of the game, changed the game,
fought for the game, and can teach you many things in his games.

The Chess Artist is a good read. But I can't help but roll my eyes at the naive
statement that Fischer is old news. If he is such old news, why is he on the
cover of the latest Chess Life magazine that I currently possess along with an
article he wrote in 1964 - obviously some chess people think he is still
relevant.

Steve Wilson

Old March 11th 04, 03:42 PM
J.C. Hallman

For what it's worth, I agree with Steve...

Best, J.C. Hallman
Old June 17th 04, 05:29 PM
Necheva

Bobby Fischer is the man! The greatest chess player who ever lived.
Now all you naysayers grab a cup of coffee and use the 'trick' to be
beat Chessmaster.
Old June 18th 04, 02:31 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Necheva" wrote in message
news
Bobby Fischer is the man! The greatest chess player who ever lived.
Now all you naysayers grab a cup of coffee and use the 'trick' to be
beat Chessmaster.

Trollin', trollin', trollin'.....

......keep them doggies trollin'.......