Old March 12th 04, 11:52 PM
Samik

Default Black's Kingside attack in the Kings Indian

As far as I know, Black's Kingside attack against white happens only
in the
classical variation of the Kings Indian. Correct me if I am wrong. (I
as black,
have gone for the Kingside attack in the Saemish variation too, with
good success...but that could be because of White's non-standard
play).Anyway, I was
wondering if this kingside attack is still a fashion. I
mean...nowadays White
always go for the Bayonnette Attack against the Kings Indian, and this
poses problems for Black. At least, Black doesn't get the time to go
for a Kingside attack. So, is the Kingside attack dead ? What do you
think ?
How good is Bronsteins book on Kings Indian ? Is that the
recommended book for Kings Indian Students ?
Samik
Old March 13th 04, 08:52 AM
matt -`;'-

"Samik" wrote in message
om...
As far as I know, Black's Kingside attack against white happens only
in the
classical variation of the Kings Indian. Correct me if I am wrong. (I
as black,
have gone for the Kingside attack in the Saemish variation too, with
good success...but that could be because of White's non-standard
play).Anyway, I was
wondering if this kingside attack is still a fashion. I
mean...nowadays White
always go for the Bayonnette Attack against the Kings Indian, and this
poses problems for Black. At least, Black doesn't get the time to go
for a Kingside attack. So, is the Kingside attack dead ? What do you
think ?
How good is Bronsteins book on Kings Indian ? Is that the
recommended book for Kings Indian Students ?
Samik

I like how Leonid Stein plays the Kings Indian. He has to be one of the
most interesting GM players I have read about. The book has his life story
and I assume all of his games from the tournaments. I am on game #15 so far
and have enjoyed them all. It is really interesting to see how he grew in
his games and to watch how he played Tal, Petrosian and many other top
players of the day.
I have this book and it is excellent:
http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_rev...sk_strtgy.html

I haven't looked at other books on it, but since seeing how Stein used it I
am interested in learning more about it as well. I will probably end up in
the bookstore this weekend - and it has a nice collection of chess books.
If I see a good Kings Indian/Queens Indian book then I'll let you know.

Regards, matt