Old August 9th 04, 05:32 PM
Tigran

Default Repertoire for attacking (gambit) in blizt games.

Hi :
I have a repertoire to play slow games that suit my style, but I
would like suggestion on making a repertoire based on a very attacking
(gambit?) approach, very tactics and with lines that although risky or
little inferior, put the opponent in continuous pressure. I only play
blitz for this kind of fun.
I would appreciate suggestion for black and white and if possible
references to one or two opening reference books that suits this kind
of style to play blizt games.
Thx in advance.
Old August 9th 04, 08:43 PM
Mike Leahy

"Tigran" wrote in message
om...
Hi :
I have a repertoire to play slow games that suit my style, but I
would like suggestion on making a repertoire based on a very attacking
(gambit?) approach, very tactics and with lines that although risky or
little inferior, put the opponent in continuous pressure. I only play
blitz for this kind of fun.
I would appreciate suggestion for black and white and if possible
references to one or two opening reference books that suits this kind
of style to play blizt games.
Thx in advance.

You're very welcome. If you want to learn repertoires that put your
opponent in continuous pressure both for Black and White try volumes 5 and 6
at...

http://bookup.com/chess4lesseach.htm

I don't know if I would call those repertoires "very" attacking. GM Roman
Dzindzichashvili prefers to call them "rapid."

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old August 9th 04, 09:42 PM
Stefan Renzewitz

"Tigran" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
Hi :
I have a repertoire to play slow games that suit my style, but I
would like suggestion on making a repertoire based on a very attacking
(gambit?) approach, very tactics and with lines that although risky or
little inferior, put the opponent in continuous pressure. I only play
blitz for this kind of fun.
I would appreciate suggestion for black and white and if possible
references to one or two opening reference books that suits this kind
of style to play blizt games.
Thx in advance.

I can only give you some tips for Black, but I have the same desire while
playing Blitz (rating between 2000-2300 on playchess & ICC). I highly
recommend the Chigorin Opening against d4 if you want to play something
different without playing an unsound opening. One of the most creative
players who loves complicated positions played it for many years. There is
one Chessbase CD from Watson about this opening, but the bible is surely the
300p book by Bronznik which is "unfortunately" in German (maybe an English
version exists now too?). With these works you have usually a theory
advantage against your opponents . There is an update on its way due to the
high success of the book. In my opinion its an extraordinary book, here is a
review:
http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_rev..._verteidi.html

Against Sicilian I would go either for the Accelerated Dragon (latest work
is by Nielsen and Hansen from the publisher Batsford) or the normal Dragon
(Chris Ward: Winning with the Dragon II (no need to buy the first part)). I
started to play the normal Dragon, but recently switched to the Acc. Dragon,
because its just incredible how unkown the theory is for most White players.
Most even don't recognize that they are playing against the Acc. Dragon and
not the normal Dragon until its too late. And if you wonder about the
Maroczy Bind in the Acc. Dragon: I love it even the most! I play the 7.
...Ng4 system against it and again its suprising how few players know the
theory.

Check out the new Chessbase Dragon CD which is on its way:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1753
There is a very good Chessbase CD on the Acc. Dragon too.

Enjoy!

Stefan

Old August 17th 04, 01:06 PM
Henri Arsenault

in article , Tigran at
wrote on 8/9/04 12:32 PM:

I have a repertoire to play slow games that suit my style, but I
would like suggestion on making a repertoire based on a very attacking
(gambit?) approach, very tactics and with lines that although risky or
little inferior, put the opponent in continuous pressure. I only play
blitz for this kind of fun.
I would appreciate suggestion for black and white and if possible
references to one or two opening reference books that suits this kind
of style to play blizt games.
Thx in advance.

Try the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, which leads to very sharp positions. If
you prefer e4, play the Morra Gambit against the Sicilian Defence. With
black, the two Knights Defence has a lot of sharp lines, but may require a
bit of study cause they are sharp for both sides and one is unlikely to
find some of the moves over the board without previous study.

If you are willing to work a bit more, you can use Bangaiv's "An e4
repertoire for White" (approximate title, CD available from Chessbase)
which involves a series of aggressive e4 openings where White plays an
early f4; this includes the Vienna Gambit and the Grand Prix attack
against the Sicilian. The openings all lead to similar pawn positions and
therefore to similar attacking problems. The author warns that some
recommended lines are risky, so this may be along the lines of what you
are looking for. Be forewarned that this CD can require a lot of work and
can be confusing at times, but it covers a lot of ground. There is gold in
them 'dare hills, but it lies under the ground.

Henri

Old August 17th 04, 05:08 PM
Mike Ogush

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:03:04 -0400, "My name is Mac, not Spam"
wrote:

in article , Tigran at
wrote on 8/9/04 12:32 PM:

I have a repertoire to play slow games that suit my style, but I
would like suggestion on making a repertoire based on a very attacking
(gambit?) approach, very tactics and with lines that although risky or
little inferior, put the opponent in continuous pressure. I only play
blitz for this kind of fun.
I would appreciate suggestion for black and white and if possible
references to one or two opening reference books that suits this kind
of style to play blizt games.
Thx in advance.

If you want some ideas on all-gambit repetoires, try out Eric Schiller's
Gambit Opening Repertoire for White and Gambit Opening Repertoire for Black.
They are "very attacking", though some suggestions are a bit more like just
picking up your pieces and flinging them directly at your opponent's face:
they're dramatic, they're attacking, they're annoying...but in the end they
are just throwing away your pieces.

Still, some of the suggestions are quite fun. In particular, the
Porteugese/Scandanavian/Icelandic Gambits for Black, and the Goring Gambit
for White score quite well for me at the lower club level.

The gambits in the Scandinavian Defense have additional advantages:
1) it is harder for white to avoid them and
2) there are fewer lines that you need to understand.

If you play for example the Sicilian (another dynamic try for Black),
you have to understand all of the alternate lines for White (Morra
Gambit, Closed Sicilian, Grand Prix Attack, etc.) in addition to the
particular line you are trying to get to (say Accelerated Dragon).

Against queen pawn openings if you only want gambits you could try to
steer towards the Benko (and lines in King's Indian or Benoni where
Black sacrifices the b-pawn) or towards the Budapest or Englund gambit
where Black sacrifices a pawn at e5.

Note: Some wild gambiteers will even use the sacrifice at b5 against
the English either immediately with 1.c4 b5 or somewhat later after
developing in according to indian defenses (...Nf6 and not playing
...d5).

Lastly, if white wants to play an opening which is either positional
or builds up an attack more slowly (say the Reti, or King's Indian
Attack) black will find it more difficult ot gambit, but still can
play dynamically (e.g. early ...b5, ...Bb7, ...c5)

--
Glenn 'Mac' Frazier
USCF#12721233, FICS:'Frazier', RedHotPawn.com:'GMF'