Old March 20th 04, 05:46 PM
Bjoern

Default dutch leningrad 8...Na6

There's something I've been wondering about for a while:
after 1.d4 f5 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.g3 g6 4.Bg2 Bg7 5.0-0 0-0 6.c4 d6 7.Nc3 Qe8 8.d5
there are two main moves for black 8...Na6 and 8...a5.
Recently German GM Kindermann has recommended 8...a5 and mentioned the line
8...Na6 9.Rb1 that he thinks is problematic for black, however he doesn't
discuss 9...Nc5 at all (as recommened by Steffen Pedersen). Obviously
Kindermann was just explaining why he prefers 8...a5 and not trying to prove
that 8...Na6 is wrong, but I still wonder about the 9...Nc5 idea.

Is there any problem with it or are there any recommendations for white
floating around somewhere (I suspect Chalifman's "An opening repertoire
according to Kramnik" ought to cover it)? Or is the whole thing just
quite forcing and hence not necessarily the best try for a complex strategic
struggle even if there is nothing really wrong with it?

--Björn