Old August 15th 04, 05:02 AM
The Horny Goat

Default James Eade & "Chess For Dummies"

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:17:09 -0400, "Bugsy" wrote:

Jim, I looked at your "Chess For Dummies" book in my local bookstore and I
was utterly shocked by how badly it was written.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...015182-8569960

Are you considering re-doing it ? PLEASE !! It really does a dis-service to
people 'Dummies' trying to learn how to play chess !!

On the other hand Patrick Wolff's The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess
is quite good. If Jim is looking to re-do CfD Silman's or Mednis'
easier books would be good models as would Chernev's old beginner
books.

It may be heresy to say so but I really didn't like Lasker's Common
Sense in Chess or Capablanca's Chess Fundamentals that much....