Old December 26th 04, 05:41 PM
Dan Kalish

Default Long Island Store

I'm looking for a particular bricks and mortar store that specializes in chess
computers.

The last time I was looking for a chess computer, I went to a stored in
Seaford, Long Island, New York, USA. That was a decade or two ago.

Does anyone remember their name, phone number and location? Are they still in
business? Are there any other such stores in the New York City area?

TIA,

Dan
Old December 26th 04, 10:24 PM
Richard Thomas

Hello Dan,

You are probably thinking about this sto

Your Move Chess & Games
832 N. Broadway
N. Massapequa, NY 11758

Rich

Old December 27th 04, 02:09 AM
Dan Kalish

Hi, Rich:

Thanks! That sounds right. I'll see if they're still in business tomorrow.

The last time I tried to play chess, I had a rating of about 1150 and used two
chess computers (the Saitek Karpov version) plus Zarkov 2.5. What I need is a
computer that uses book openings but isn't overwhelming. It would be hard to
learn much from a computer rated 2300. Learning about good bishops and bad
bishops doesn't help much if I'm leaving my queen exposed.

I know some computers have lessons and coaching in them. I think the software
Chess Mentor does.

Dan

Subject: Long Island Store