Old January 16th 05, 07:54 AM
Jerry van Dijk

Default ProDeo in BabasChess ?

I am trying to use ProDeo (installed under Chessbase/engines) as the analysis
engine under BabasChess as a commentator on the Corus games relayed on FICS.
However neither WindBoard (prodeo.exe) or UCI (rebeluci.exe) seem to work.

Has anyone succeded in doing this ?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to run ChessBase engines this way ?
(maybe there is a protocol converter ?).

TIA,
Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk
-- Leiden, Holland
Old January 16th 05, 09:13 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry van Dijk
I am trying to use ProDeo (installed under Chessbase/engines) as the analysis
engine under BabasChess as a commentator on the Corus games relayed on FICS.
However neither WindBoard (prodeo.exe) or UCI (rebeluci.exe) seem to work.

Has anyone succeded in doing this ?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to run ChessBase engines this way ?
(maybe there is a protocol converter ?).

TIA,
Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk
-- Leiden, Holland
--
-- 'Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.'
-- Gustav Mahler (1860-1911)
Shredder 8 UCI works for me under babas. I think you will find that some engines (possibly prodeo) don't support edited positions. Other strong free engines you could try would be List512, Ruffian 1.05, Fruit 2.0 -fast, and aristarch 4.50.

Jason