Old July 3rd 03, 06:17 AM
Proboscis

Default Chessmaster 2000 for DOS - Playing Strength?

Hi EZoto,

Be assured, there is nothing 'wrong' with CM 3000!

De initial versions of CM were definititely fun to play with and would still
be suitable for the occasional player.

It's just that with CM 4000 there was a sentational improvement in playing
strength. Bedore that, CM had never really been taken seriously as compared
to the Big Guys like Rebel, Chess Genius and Fritz.

"EZoto" schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]

I wouldn't bother with any versions before CM 4000.

I would like to know what is wrong with CM 3000. I'm not defending it
or anything but I have it on a computer with Win 3.1 and it works very
well and it plays pretty strong. I collect Win 3.1 software so I
don't know much about CM 3000. Just would like to know why.

EZoto