Old July 14th 03, 07:14 AM
Dajavoo104

Default Serious QUestion?

How do you play chess by email? Sounds intresting would someone please be kind
enough and explain this to me. I would like to learn how. Thank you to all who
read this and take the time out to answer my question.
Checkmate
Old July 14th 03, 02:28 PM
Noah Roberts

Dajavoo104 wrote:
How do you play chess by email? Sounds intresting would someone please be kind
enough and explain this to me. I would like to learn how. Thank you to all who
read this and take the time out to answer my question.
Checkmate

There are several methods, the most obvious of which is to simply send
each other your moves. XBoard comes with cmail, which is supposed to
aid in this but I have never gotten it working - never *really* tried
actually. There are probably other programs available, but me...I would
just send the moves.

You can also use a website like http://itsyourturn.com which allows you
to play in a similar fassion to email but on the web of course. Time
limits are on the order of days or months, the hold tournaments, and it
is free with mild limitations (40 moves per day, etc...), full use costs
$8 per year. I am a free user and rarely hit my limit.

NR

Old July 21st 03, 01:23 PM
Sandro Guimaraes de Brito

You can also try: