Old July 18th 03, 05:29 PM
Christopher

Default Crafty personal Server?

Hi!

I've heard some discussion (I think Robert Hyatt and others)
mentioning about Crafty running on a server.

Does anyone know if I can use the latest crafty on a server? What
would it take to install? Would the client require a special program
to connect?

I've been playing with crafty and it basically resides on a
dual-processor AMD, Linux RH9 and runs pretty well. I am thinking
about Robert Hyatt's suggestion about purchasing the Intel C Compiler
to squeeze more speed.

However I don't usually ever sit on this box where crafty resides. I
connect via telnet. I'd prefer to have a nice client application to
connect w/a graphical interface. So when I am not home(usually on
travel) I can connect to my server and also I've friends how'd like to
do the same. I have some friends who are masters and would like my
version of crafty to learn from them.

Any thoughts are most appreciated.