Old July 19th 03, 01:21 PM
mickeyblake

Default DGT Board

Am considering purchasing a DGT board as looking at the computer screen is
not best preperation for OTB play (IMHO) Has anyone used these boards or
can say if they are reliable/worthwhile etc?

Thanks,
Mickey

Old July 19th 03, 08:00 PM
mickeyblake

Thx CeeBee,
Looks good,

Mickey

Old July 19th 03, 09:52 PM
Steve Connor

I bought one two years ago and its fantastic. The board works very well and
is beautifully made but the pieces should be better quality. Maybe they will
have new sets available in the future?

Old July 25th 03, 10:42 AM
Urban Koistinen

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:21:12 +0000 (UTC) mickeyblake wrote:
! Am considering purchasing a DGT board as looking at the computer screen is
! not best preperation for OTB play (IMHO) Has anyone used these boards or
! can say if they are reliable/worthwhile etc?

The board itself is of extremely high quality.
There used to be a problem with the interface with chess programs.
I don't know if that is still the case, it's been a few years.

Urban Koistinen